Daily Check-in February 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-in February 14, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

itspennyc wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:34 am Last night I knit 2 hearts to add to the one I knit a few days ago. I decided I would surprise a couple of my friends at the Valentine Luncheon today.

I will start mixing up cupcakes in a few minutes. The butter is softening right now. I am making the cupcakes from scratch.

Penny
That is such a nice idea to give the knitted hearts at your Valentine’s luncheon!
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I’ll be leaving soon to meet my friend for lunch and then go to the World Affairs Conference. It was surprisingly cool last night after our very warm weather. So I’ll wear long sleeves today and hope that the conference room is not overheated. We are going to two sessions, one on Russia and one by a former WSJ war reporter who married an ambassador and has written a book.

I finally called the Holiday Inn Rewards club to transfer my points to American Airlines. They don’t let you do it online and say it will take 4-6 weeks so they don’t make it very easy. Then they tried to pitch me on a weekend at a timeshare.

I plan to stop at CVS driving home today. I was going to go after my doctor appointment yesterday but forgot. I have a $2 ECB I received in the mail. I’ll try to get their prune juice which is 2/$5. I like to keep it on hand and their brand is much cheaper than Sunsweet (or is it Sunkist - I never can remember).

Have a good day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Cloudy and warmer, though there's supposed to be rain on the way. Felt so much better yesterday when the sun was out.

DH is having some dental work today, so I think our Valentine's dinner will be soup :lol: (And Libby, what a lovely gift from Mr. B!)
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The sun looks like it will be out today

Just got out of my pajamas. Today is what i usually consider my do nothing day

But i will clean out the fridge.

Think i have decided not to plant this year. After yesterday's experience with the itching - no thanks. It used to just be grass. But even when i help with the food bank, those veggies there get me all itchy too. It does help if i wear long sleeves, but nope - too hot for that during the summer.

So i've had my coffee and now going to see what is going on in the world.

Have a great day all
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning and Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

It's a another beautiful day here and should be a great day for all those who plan on going out to dinner tonight. I am sure the restaurants will be packed, they normally are on this day around here.

I am planning on having a nice evening meal of steak, salad and baked potato. I took the steak out of the freezer for thawing and I still had a slice of cheesecake left over from my luncheon last week for dessert. I don't have a lot on my to-do-list so will continue decluttering drawers and closets. Don't know how many I will get to, but that is my plan anyway.

Also, since the weather is nice I'm going to make a run to Hobby Lobby to see about getting my pictures framed. I had been waiting till I got my computer paper so I could print off 40% coupons for either Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Framing is expensive, but I want a mat for both of these.

Penny your valentine's sound so nice. I wish that I could knit things as quickly as you do. I know your friends will love them.

Florida, enjoy your luncheon with your friend and the events you are attending.

Janet, fast food seems to have gotten so expensive for what you get anymore. I'm still glad that you and your aide got to have lunch out. It was a nice gesture for you to take her. My goodness, that was some expensive birdseed. I should feed mine, but I don't. I told you I was lazy.

Everyone have a beautiful day filled with love.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

It's a bit warmer today, I'm hopeful that the furnace won't run all day. Last month our utility bill was about $500 OUCH! Our house is not well insulated :( and DH needs to be warm. Yes, we do dress warmly but~~~~~~~~~~~

DH has a chiropractor appt today. it's his first one, we are hopeful that the Dr can help him with his back. I started going to the DC at thanksgiving time an I feel much better, of course my back is/was nothing compared to DH's back.

DH's mother is back in rehab for her back. She is 88 and has brittle bones, DH has not gone to see her or called her. We will be going next Tues for the meeting of her care, it's the same place as last year and every week they have a meeting.

IC