Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Hello to Everyone!!!

Awoke to a dusting of new snow and freezing rain. Very slick outdoors with temps in the 30sF. Very unpleasant but no tornados which will come a bit later on in Spring.

Today's spending will be sending a check to the sprinkler company for the Spring start-up and Autumn shut-down of our landscape watering system. The expense is a planned spend so no drama there!

No real news here - just checking in while sitting with an ice pack on my poor aching knee. This whole thing is getting mighty old...

See you all later. Stay safe and smile - just go ahead and give it a try!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck with the knee. Hope it heals soon.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Carleen wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:45 am Hello to Everyone!!!

Awoke to a dusting of new snow and freezing rain. Very slick outdoors with temps in the 30sF. Very unpleasant but no tornados which will come a bit later on in Spring.

Today's spending will be sending a check to the sprinkler company for the Spring start-up and Autumn shut-down of our landscape watering system. The expense is a planned spend so no drama there!

No real news here - just checking in while sitting with an ice pack on my poor aching knee. This whole thing is getting mighty old...

See you all later. Stay safe and smile - just go ahead and give it a try!!!
Joints can be terrible for causing pain. Hope it feels better very soon.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

Many thanks to the kind folks who wished me well with my knee. It's so easy to feel like a poor soul with chronic pain. You all gave me a real lift!!!

We survived the terrible winds of the last couple of days. Sustained wind of 40mph and gusts of up to 60mph. What ever wasn't nailed down is now somewhere in the East Coast!!! Lots of trees down and electrical failures all around us but we are OK. The thing that really helps up during such weather is the fact that our utilities are all underground and the oldest trees are just 15 years old and still bend a bit with the wind.

Willow (our rescue cat) spent the night in the spare linen closet because of all the booming with the wind. She came out to use her litter box and greet us this morning.

We'll go to Aldi for a couple of things. I really don't like that store - it smells "dirty" and I dash in and dash out. This is a budgeted spend which is a good thing. Otherwise, no spending scheduled for today.

See you all later. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone and Happy March!!!

Because my birthday is this coming week, we're going to supper this evening with our daughter and her family (they're the ones who live close). Their daughter's birthday is the following week and there will be a gathering then.

Our younger daughter is going to get married at the beginning of May. This will be her third marriage and I do hope this one sticks!!! It's difficult to keep up with who's who... jeesh...

Our only expenditure this weekend will be the dinner this evening. We're stocked up with everything and nothing waiting to be picked up at the pharmacy. Yay for us!

Wishing you all well - try to avoid germs!!! Stay safe and frugal.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Birthday Carleen. Hope it's a good one.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/