Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

This has been a no-spend day for us. We will probably make a mercy run to the food store for some fresh produce tomorrow.

The mess of papers on my computer desk has been taken care of 100%!!! That's more difficult than most people think it is. Each and every piece of paper has to be handled and read before being tossed out (or put through the shredder). Some has to be filed so that's another step. But it is done now and I'm really hoping I can stay on top it before I end up with more stacks of paper!!!

It's a gloomy day here in the Great Midwest but at least the storms are gone for now. The gloom is a good reason to turn on some lights and do the aforementioned paper sorting.

Earlier this morning I e-mailed a dear friend of mine and basically unloaded the tale of woe about my knee and the dishwasher and everything else that is wrong with the world. I guess I really dumped on her. Anyway, she sent me the following:

"And the moon said to me --
My darling, you do not have to be whole in order to shine."
(author unknown)

That put me in my place and I'll try to be better...
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Everyone needs to unload once in awhile. Today will be a better day.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Great quote, Carleen. Thanks for sharing. A good thing to remember.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

I'm trying my very best to shine!!! Today is Tuesday and that means that our new dishwasher is scheduled to be delivered on Thursday - keeping a good attitude about that fiasco is difficult but I'm working on a positive attitude!

This morning I saw three robins hopping around outside, visible from our breakfast table. They really looked bright/clean so I figure they were in some rain somewhere on their journey. Sometimes robins look a bit dusty when they arrive. Some other small birds are chirping out there like crazy. I really didn't realize how silent winter is until the birds come back.

No spending today. Tomorrow I will pick up a prescription at the pharmacy but no impulse buying. Have a great frugal day. Bye for now. And don't forget to shine!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck with the dishwasher.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Yay!!! Our new dishwasher has finally arrived!!! It's all installed and the dead one has been hauled away.

This whole adventure has been a real trial and took several weeks to get it right. Of course, the store blamed the shipper, the shipper blamed the person who made out the paperwork and on and on and on. jeesh...

We did some food shopping yesterday and we're all stocked up. It was a major coupon/sale shopping. Three stores, and at one of them we saved a total of 40% on the final bill. The other two were lesser amounts but still used coupons and sale prices. Good for us!

We discovered that the kitty litter the we usually purchase from Petco and/or PetSmart is actually less expensive at Menards (hardware store). If Willow lives as long as our dearly departed Gertrude (18 years), we stand to save quite a bit over time!!!

I'm off to return stuff to under the kitchen sink now that the dishwasher is all installed. We used two laundry baskets for that stuff and put them in the spare bedroom. When we did that, I set about using up the bottles of cleanser with just one or two squirts/uses left in there. So that was a frugal move on my part!

Bye for now. Stay safe and enjoy your frugality!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout