Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Dgflorida

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Dgflorida »

Absolutely, check the slip. I didn't and a couple of times, it made a difference. Good reminder.
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

Well, the daybed is in the spare bedroom, assembled and nearly made up. There is one extra piece of furniture sitting in the middle of the room and it needs a new home. It's a computer table/desk and I really hate to get rid of it. It might just have to stay there until I get a brain-wave telling me where it should go!!! Believe me when I tell you that it will either be put downstairs, given away, or donated. NO furniture EVER gets thrown out as we have seen at the curb on garbage day!!!

A small chest of drawers is now living in Texas and a bedroom dresser is now in Oklahoma. A bedroom set was given to a lady who needed it for a relative who was moving in with her and her husband. She is a recycler and a frugal person and she said that it would NEVER be thrown away!!! She also said that when her relative moves out, she will will have the set refinished - should be a really great-looking set when all is said and done!!!

No spending today but I do have a prescription waiting to be picked up at the pharmacy. A little errand for tomorrow.

No other news here - just checking in as I'm too pooped to do anything that requires brute strength!!! Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

Today we contracted with a guy who will repair our paver patio and paver wall that is "L" shaped and tilting. That whole thing is now 14 years old and is showing signs of not aging well. He said he and his "man" will be here bright and early next Saturday morning. I'm eager to get that done as it looks very shabby now.

There is still some tidying to be done in the spare bedroom - involves simply finding new homes for a desk and some extra blankets. But nothing major, thankfully!!!

This afternoon we will go to the pharmacy to pick up my prescription but no other spending.

Guess I'd better get moving! See you all later. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello and Happy Sunday - last day of March!!!

No spending planned for today.

Laundry is washing and Sunday dinner will be a turkey that has been in the freezer for a few months. It's one of those Jenny-O turkey in a bag. No thawing, no basting, no touching raw turkey, etc. It roasts in its bag and always comes out perfectly. Hubby will make coleslaw dressed with oil, vinegar and spices, and I'll make faux potato salad that is made with cauliflower because we're low-carbers.

Some of you might know that the turkey is NOT a frugal purchase, but if I never see another turkey EVER, I'd be very pleased. Hubby loves turkey so this is a very good compromise as I will NEVER handle a raw turkey, EVER!!! It goes from freezer to oven to tummy with no icky stuff!!!

See you all later. Stay safe and stay away from germs!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

We made a mercy run to purchase a mattress pad as ours had seen better days and was lumpy. The new one is all washed and ready to be put on the new mattress. Heaven!!!

Also purchased a few necessary grocery items but no impulse buying. Yay! And Hubby needed a new nozzle for one of our outdoor hoses so now he has that all set for Spring.

I told Hubby we need another major project and mentioned the downstairs needing a complete overhaul. I saw that familiar glazed eye-roll and decided to postpone pushing that one on him for now - that project has been moved to the top of the to-do list.

That's about all I have to report at this time. Wishing you all good things Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

No spending today. Hubby and I have started a new walking program. So off we went in two different directions for 10 minutes. (5 minutes out and 5 minutes back) As the days go by, the times get longer and there are occasional days off. Also, as days go by, easy stretching and flexing exercises are added. I'm truly hoping that this will get us moving again!!!

The person we hired to repair our paver patio and walls will be here bright and early to get started. I can hardly wait to get the work underway and done!

No other news. Just checking in, I guess. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout