Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Jackielou

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Jackielou »

Carleen wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:21 pm Greetings, Everyone!!!

No spending today. Hubby and I have started a new walking program. So off we went in two different directions for 10 minutes. (5 minutes out and 5 minutes back) As the days go by, the times get longer and there are occasional days off. Also, as days go by, easy stretching and flexing exercises are added. I'm truly hoping that this will get us moving again!!!

The person we hired to repair our paver patio and walls will be here bright and early to get started. I can hardly wait to get the work underway and done!

No other news. Just checking in, I guess. Bye for now. Stay safe.
I walk every day and have for a number of years. I love my walks. However having broken my wrist for the second time last winter I learned that walking builds bone. In order for it to build that bone you must walk non stop for at least 25 minutes a day. This is the reason (as well as cholesterol/weight management) I started using the treadmill.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Jackie!

I know what you mean about walking time. I do other exercises six days per week because of my two kinds of arthritis. Also, I walk on my treadmill nearly daily. This new walking routine is mainly for Hubby's benefit since he doesn't like the treadmill. And, if I go with him, he's more likely to actually do it!!! Basically, it's a psychological thing!

The guys who are repairing our paver patio and walls are here and that's a good thing. Today's expenditure will be for that work.

Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

The Great Midwest Prairie is getting rained upon yet again. Farmers' fields are still flooded since the last rain. There are thunderstorms in the forecast so Willow will be spending time in the spare linen closet! She's so terrified of thunder and lightening.

The patio and walls look simply grand!!! Money well-spent. The owner of the small company will stop in sometime today to pick up his check for the second half of the project. It's wonderful to have that job completed.

The outdoor furniture was in horrible condition so we put all of it out on trash pick-up day last week. Not good enough to donate or pass along to daughters. Storms really did a real hit on the ones we had. A new table is ordered and we need to purchase a couple of chairs to put out there. Hubby uses the table to work on his container garden planters. We have a two-person swing out there and a couple of end-tables, so after we get some chairs, we will be finished with that project. Yay for that!!!

No shopping today. I do have another prescription waiting for me at the pharmacy but that can wait until tomorrow. Hopefully the rain will have moved on by then.Then we might go to a "lawn and garden" place to see about chairs for the patio. We no longer have any K-Marts near us and philosophically I won't go to WalMart. So we will need to do a little research.

That's about all for me. I do hope everyone is well and keeping true to your frugal ways! Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

All of a sudden, it's Thursday!!! Greetings to You All.

Hubby and I assembled the new outdoor table, hauled it back there (to the patio), and it looks simply grand!!! Still thinking/looking for a couple of chairs to go out there. We saw some we liked but they were too light-weight and it's doubtful they would stay put during some of our "wind events".

We ordered a new bench to put on our front porch and after it arrives the one that is already there will go to the back patio. So, things are beginning to take shape!!! YAY!!!

Hubby has some seedlings germinating in his workroom under grow-lights. Our end of frost date is mid-May so those plants should be hardy enough by then.

We went to a church rummage sale but the person who was in charge of it had not arrived by the start time and the doors were locked. We hung around for a bit but it was too chilly to stand out in the wind for very long. We finally gave up and left. Made a mercy stop at the food store for some very specific items with no impulse buying. Returned home in time for lunch and now that the outdoor table is in place, we're just vegetating!!! YAY again!!!

See you all later. Stay safe - the weather is not very nice in a huge part of the US. It looks as if the major snowstorm is going to miss us but we are slated to get thunderstorms. Blick.. Bye for now.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Another chapter in the continuing saga of getting our world back in order after sort of ignoring it all for awhile!!!

The bench arrived and we assembled it. It is now on the front porch and it looks great! The old one that was there has now been moved to the patio at the back of our house and it, too, looks great!

We went to a garage sale this morning because they said in their advert that they had outdoor furniture for sale. They did but everything was too pricey. Jeesh... Even their books were expensive and people were looking and then leaving. Oh, well. We'll continue to look in stores for a couple of chairs for out there. Also, keep looking at garage sales, etc. No rush to buy them and no rush to spend money!

We went food shopping yesterday and now we're all stocked up. Today will be a no-spend day unless we happen upon outdoor chairs...

Willow, our rescue cat, finally came out of the closet where she had been during the thunderstorms. Now she's following the sunshine from place to place. Yay!

Gotta get moving. Take care. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

Welcome to the Land of Real Weather!!! We had BIG thunderstorms earlier this morning and Willow was in her closet until that moved out of our area. Right now, it's snowing like crazy and everything is covered. I love it!!! Temps are in the low 30sF and there will be a high of 52 tomorrow. So the snow won't stick around very long. But, since I'm a snow bunny, I'm glad for what we do have for as long as it's here!!!

No spending today, which is a good thing. I think we'll just stick around the house, read the newspapers and swill coffee by the gallon!!! My kind of day!

See you all later. Stay safe and dry. Enjoy your frugalness, even if it's brought on by the weather!!!
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout