Trying to think of two former (?) board members...

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
randamax

Trying to think of two former (?) board members...

Post by randamax »

I don't know if anyone will remember them, but I can't recall their names and thought maybe someone else might be able to.

Back in 2007, someone on here posted that they were getting rid of a bunch of baseball cards. I mean TONS of baseball cards - like 10,000 give or take. They were only asking $90.00, which I thought was a pretty good price for such a lot. Anyway, I purchased the cards and was thrilled with the purchase! DH and I gave them to our twin nephews that year for Christmas. About 5,000 each. HOLY COW! You have never seen two boys light up the room with their smiles and excitement! To them, it was better than getting a million dollars! They were 10 at the time and couldn't have been more thrilled with this gift. Well, fast forward to 2019. Believe it or not, the guys still go through these cards every time they come home from college! They still sort, trade, collect and sell. I think this will probably be a lifelong hobby for them. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving! Thank you to whomever sold these to me! You certainly have brought hours and hours of joy to two very special people in my life!

There was another poster on here years back. I can't remember her name and frankly hadn't thought about her in ages. I don't think she posts here any longer, but I thought about her this weekend when I bought a bunch of fruit from the farmer's market. She used to post about produce auctions that she attended and hampers that she made for Christmas. She and her husband lived with their two best friends and she talked about the meals she'd make for everyone. Anyone remember her name or know whatever happened to her? Just curious.
clemencia2us

Re: Trying to think of two former (?) board members...

Post by clemencia2us »

not sure about the first one, but the second one supposedly lived in Canada - Rossco - i believe was her name.
randamax

Post by randamax »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:55 pm not sure about the first one, but the second one supposedly lived in Canada - Rossco - i believe was her name.
Yes!! Rossco. You're absolutely right, that was her name. I don't mean to sound unkind, but I always kind of took her posts with a grain of salt. I always thought she sounded like a bit of a know it all - no one could teach her anything that she wasn't already doing. And perfectly I might add! lol I always read her posts because I couldn't wait to see what new story she would come up with, but I didn't believe most of it. Interesting, though. It kept me entertained =)
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

randamax wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:36 pm Yes!! Rossco. You're absolutely right, that was her name. I don't mean to sound unkind, but I always kind of took her posts with a grain of salt. I always thought she sounded like a bit of a know it all - no one could teach her anything that she wasn't already doing. And perfectly I might add! lol I always read her posts because I couldn't wait to see what new story she would come up with, but I didn't believe most of it. Interesting, though. It kept me entertained =)
I always tried to guess her occupation - i figured prison guard.
randamax

Post by randamax »

clemencia2us wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:39 pm I always tried to guess her occupation - i figured prison guard.
ROFL Interesting guess! It never even crossed my mind to think of her occupation. Why would you guess that? She was definitely a different sort, that's for sure.

I think the last thing I saw her post is that she was going to be a published author, but she couldn't tell anyone what the title of the book was. It dawned on me that if you couldn't talk about it, it probably wasn't going to sell too many copies, but hey...what do I know?
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Randamax -
You don't mean you doubted the stories of buying 20 crates of mixed out of season vegetables for $3.00 and then turning around and reselling them to her friends for enough money to pay their rent for 2 months? How suspicious of you! haha.

She was a dandy. Being incredibly naive, I always bought the first few stories as being true. I always take people at face value. But after post after post of totally incredulous stories, I eventually would catch on. I remember Michelle Carr would post one day that she was bed fast with some super serious ailment (sorry I can't remember what) and the the next day post about how she got up and planted 239 raspberry bushes in one day. Huh?