saving $ without effert

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

saving $ without effert

Post by icfrugal1 »

clemencia2us

Re: saving $ without effert

Post by clemencia2us »

icfrugal1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:09 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/15/how-i-s ... yptr=yahoo

Interesting, but....
yes - but

I sort of do that, but i do it because i check my accounts each morning. The person that wrote this or is profiled probably has TONS of disposable income.
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

that is what I am thinking, good grief.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

They really should label that as an advertisement ...

I suppose it would work if someone doesn't have the discipline or interest in putting aside $ for savings. I don't want someone poking about in my checking or savings accounts, but that's me.

And I'd think you'd really want to pay attention to what's going on with it.
Quilter51

Post by Quilter51 »

I do not use that app but I have used another app called Quapital, as well as one called Acorns. The acorns one will invest as you want it to. I loved both, and the rounding up. Never had an issue with either, although with my income the rounding up was closer to 40 a mo th, lol. Admittedly I do every single transaction with a card even if its 2 bucks.

I also have a savings plan with my bank where they transfer a dollar to savings for every card transaction.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Quilter51 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 am
I also have a savings plan with my bank where they transfer a dollar to savings for every card transaction.
That sounds like a nice savings plan, as long as you can budget those extra savings dollars into your plans. I might not be able to always do that. ;)