Cut It In Half

Wow us with your best money-saving tips.
aunti ali

Re: Cut It In Half

Post by aunti ali »

Great tip on using the pasta water for the mac n cheese! I do some of the same things such as coasting when I drive, ripping dryer sheets in half, using a quarter of the amount of liquid laundry detergent.
chocolite

Post by chocolite »

Over time I have changed my coffee mixture. I used to like a little coffee with my cream and Splenda. Now, I use less than half of each of those in my coffee. Turns out I like it so much better this way.

Toothpaste is something that comes to mind. I used to put a ribbon along the whole of my toothbrush. Now I squeeze a little blob, and it's fine. Works just as well.

If I only have a few dishes to wash, I squeeze a small bit of dish soap on my wet dishcloth, wet the dishes/pots with hot water, and scrub away.
Patty
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

During this pandemic I have fallen in love with door dash. We do limit it to twice a week. Like restaurant meals the portions are large enough I can get 2 or 3 meals from it. I have always done this when eating out. Money and calories saved.

Bev
HappyDaze

Post by HappyDaze »

I only have one cat (really!!!) but I am providing food for a few. I have discovered the amount of food that they will finish and not walk away and leave food sitting to attract other critters. I have the amount down to about half of the amount I was feeding. Saves money and eliminates the mess of leftover cat food sitting outside.
"All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed. After all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog."

Charles M. Schultz
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

HappyDaze wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:11 pm I only have one cat (really!!!) but I am providing food for a few. I have discovered the amount of food that they will finish and not walk away and leave food sitting to attract other critters. I have the amount down to about half of the amount I was feeding. Saves money and eliminates the mess of leftover cat food sitting outside.
We feed one cat too, although I suspect his brother comes along to finish the rest of the food at night. However, I only put out about 1/3 of a food container in summer time since I know the cats hunt along the creek too. My cat food dishes are reused 24-ounce sour cream or cottage cheese containers.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

I was horrified to discover that DS and Homeless Buddy had used an entire 23-load jug of Tide Simple (the less expensive version of Tide) in six days. They aren't measuring how much they put in the washer. So I will be getting out the black Magic Marker and marking up the detergent caps so that they'll get a reminder of what to do.

DH and I, who do measure, have been using the same similarly sized jug of Ajax free and clear for a month.
Mackie