Good deals at Walgreens this week

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
lennon05

Good deals at Walgreens this week

Post by lennon05 »

Since the topic about rising prices was recently posted, I thought I would make people aware about several good deals at Walgreens. Oscar Mayer bacon is $8 for 2 packs. You must buy 2 but you get 2k bonus points when you do. Irish Spring or Softsoap body wash is $8 for 2 with 5k bonus points. Pantene shampoo and conditioner has a digital coupon for $5 off 3 and also has 5k in bonus points when you buy 3. They are $3.99 each so after the coupon and bonus points, it costs $2 for 3. Arm & Hammer liquid detergent and power packs are $1.99 and there are one dollar digital coupons for each of them. There is an another point offer that you can use if you spend at least $20 before coupons.

Today, I bought 2 packs of the bacon, three bottles of Pantene, one liquid and one power pack of A&H for $19 and got 9k points.
aunti ali

Re: Good deals at Walgreens this week

Post by aunti ali »

Could you explain how the Walgreen's points work? I have one in my town and I just can't the hang of it. My husband and I both have different accounts but I've had difficulty in cashing in my points.
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

Aunti I am busy with work today but I will get back with you
lennon05

Post by lennon05 »

Aunti, are you linked with the Walgreen's website? If you aren't you need to do this. Once you are linked to the website you can add coupons or extra bonus points to your card. Walgeens just changed their point redemption program Sunday. For instance, say you purchased the Pantene, there is a coupon for $5 off 3 on their website. There is also a bonus of 5k points when you buy 3. Load the coupon to your card. Then swipe your card or type in your phone number when you check out. Do not try to redeem points because you cannot earn points and redeem points in the same transaction.

I am planning to buy cokes this week. There are not points associated with the coke sale so I will let the cashier ring up the cokes and let them know that I want to redeem my points.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

A few more things about Walgreens points.

— They must be redeemed in increments of 1000 which equals $1.
— Points expire after one year. Walgreens will send you an email several months ahead of time to warn you.
— Often there are “coupons” for bonus points online, in the newspaper or in the mail. 10x points or even 20x points. For example in this week’s ad there is a coupon (top of page 2 of ad) for 10x points when you spend $20 or more 5/5-5/11. I rarely spend that much at one time but some bonus point coupons have no minimum purchase.

If you have a smartphone, download the Walgreens app. It makes it easy to load the coupons/bonus point offers onto your card.

You might think about using just one account rather than separate Balance Rewards accounts for you and your DH. Just use your phone number. Points will add up faster.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I use Walgreens points too. They have sales on chewing gum and sometimes they have great clearance items. Hubs and I have one account under my name for reward points. Since his prescriptions usually go through Walgreens, we rack up points pretty fast. They now say here at least that dairy etc are not included on the $5 coupon, so I have limited choices.