Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
Carleen

Re: Carleen's Countdown to 2020...

Post by Carleen »

Howdy, Everyone!!!

Saturday was warm and sunny - perfect day for a wedding! The wedding of our younger daughter went off without a hitch. Vows were said, food was served and everything went well. It was held at a country club an hour and a half away from us. Very nice place. Daughter wore white but not a gown. It was a dress and very appropriate for a third marriage. No attendants, etc. We're certainly hoping all continues to go well for her.

The rain and thunder has returned. Phooy. During the night I heard thunder and then the linen closet door creaked open. Willow went into hiding yet again. Now if she would just learn to close the door when she comes out of there... :lol:

I had my yearly routine check-up with my ophthamologist yesterday as part of my diabetes protocol. All continues to be going well with that. yay!!! Routine check-up with my rheumatologist and then yearly well-being check-up with my primary care guy are coming up. Everyone has to get their piece of the pie...

No spending yesterday and today. Too nasty out there with lots of standing water in the fields that surround our area. Making a list, though, and clipping coupons from Sunday's newspapers. Gotta go now - basically just checking in. Bye for now. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
1 Thes. 4:16-17
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good luck to your daughter.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Just curious, what coupons do you find in your Sunday paper? We get very few food coupons anymore. They are mainly for cosmetics, hair coloring, pet food, cleaning products and otc meds.

Bev
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Bev

We get all of the above, too, but Sargento has coupons every week, Philly creamed cheese, half-n-half that I can think of right now. Frozen veggies, too.

I do know that the food coupons are a lot less plentiful than they used to be. The restaurant coupons are good so we do use at least one per week.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Greetings, Everyone!!!

We had a nice Mother's Day yesterday. Our older daughter had Hubby and me over there for dinner with her and her Hubby and daughter. Great food, super conversation and a very nice time.

Shortly after my routine ophthalmologist visit, I saw my audiologist to check my hearing aids. Both visits were ver good. This week I'll go to see my primary care doctor for a follow-up on my A1c for diabetes control. Labs were good so all he has to do is say "well done" and send me off for another year.

Sunshine today - wonderful!!!

Short trip to Petco for kitty litter and home to relax a bit. Bath towels are washing right now. A little bit of filing done, too. See you all later. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout
Carleen

Post by Carleen »

Hello, Everyone!!!

What a grand and glorious day here today!!! Sunshine, blue skies and a breeze - what else could I ask for??!!

My routine visit with my primary care physician went well yesterday. He's keeping track of my A1c levels which is OK with me. I go back in three months for that. Then in another three months I'm to get my wellness visit. Not bad in the grand scheme of things but it's a lot of travel time. He wants me to raise the level of exercising which is also OK with me but with my poor aching knee........ (grumble, grumble).

Our teenage granddaughter came over after school yesterday to do some weeding for us. She put in two hours of steady work and is coming back next Monday after school. She will have a week between the end of school and camping and other commitments and has said she's come over and spread mulch for us during that "down" time. We already have the mulch so we're ready/set/go. YAY!!!

Willow is sprawled out in the sunshine in the foyer. She is truly a beautiful cat but she's her own person. At least she not in her linen closet!!!

Spending today will be just for meds at the pharmacy that are waiting for me.

Also waiting for me is my new datebook refill for 2020. I have to put in birthdays, anniversaries, and appointments that I have for next year also. My ophthalmologist and audiologist visits are yearly and I have those dates already.

I guess I'd better get going. Stay safe.
Carleen...
Listening for the Shout