Daily Check in May 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in May 10, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning friends,

Not sure why I have not posted much. But everything is good. I am getting back into the swing of things. After work Mom and I will take about 2.5 hour drive to my cousin/godson's medical school graduation. Otherwise, life has been mostly wash, rise, repeat.

I did stop by and see 3 of my 4 boys Monday night. DGS2's speech is getting clearer. Both Grandson's greeted me enthusiastically. Warms my heart. DS1 finished his apprenticeship classes. There is confusion at to whether or not he is a journeyman. The local (County Union) accepted all the hours he worked for a non-union shop, but the state denied 1000 of those hours. But he is finished with the classes and his company likes him. So that is what is important.

Have a great day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check in May 10, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Pill day today so my fingers are making a few mistakes (lots of mistakes) while typing. I will be able to have coffee in about 10 minutes so that should help out a bit.

The usual Friday tasks will take place today, as well as a couple of extra things. Did some cleaning in the sewing/craft room and would like to continue with that. I also noticed I need some bread so a loaf will be made today.

Yesterday when I went to buy my plants all the nursery/plant areas were closed, so this means that at some point today I need to get over and pick more out. Seems I am a bit behind this year, not a bad thing as it has been so cold here. I am also going to place the pots in position for filling sometime next week. It will be interesting to see if I have managed to cut down even more small pots (kind of doubt it though). If I am setting out pots, I may as well set up the deck properly as well.

Frugally speaking I am continuing on my use it up push, I want to get things ready for my recuperation which means as clutter free and as many meals premade as is possible. Still have not heard anything but I figure my doctor is waiting for the results of the Holter monitor I had to wear.

I finished the small (by that I also mean miniature) cross stitch and have pulled out another to do at some point. However for awhile I am going to concentrate on sewing. I have some cut out patterns and I really would like to get at least 2 of the quilts done (perhaps more if I am lucky). We are already soon to be getting close to the middle of the month.

Supper tonight is going to be Glace. I hope to be able to work a bit of it off after supper by taking a walk. Haven't walked in the evening in awhile, I need to do that a bit more often.

Today I am grateful that I found something I have been looking for and while it was not on my shopping list yesterday it has been on my mental list for a very long time. Snapped it up immediately.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

Cloudy day here, in the 50s currently going up to near 70, but rain expected around 5P. That's OK, I can still get out and do what I need to do.

Well the worst is over; both eyes have now had the glaucoma surgery and I'm on the 2 weeks of drops. So glad I decided to get it over with. A lot of stress has been lifted from my shoulders. I might need to get another prescription for the drops which even with my plan came out to be $41 and change. I've been seeing the ads for GoodRx and went on to see if they had a coupon for them which they did. With the coupon, the price comes to $24.15. I called my CVS and they said they do accept the GoodRx coupons. Think I will check on this with all my prescriptions; however, I think I've got a pretty good price on most of them right now.

Now I have to find me a new GI doctor to replace the one who retired a year and a half ago.

I also have to go and pick up my glasses. They were ready a week or so ago and I just haven't gotten around to it. They're already paid for.

Not much planned for the weekend. Looking forward to my lunch and boat tour on Wednesday. Hope the weather holds out as the long term forecast is predicting sun with some clouds. If not, the boat has an enclosure to sit in.

I have another extra activity the following week through the hospital program and I will definitely be attending that one as well. I intend to have as much fun now that I'm retired that I can.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

It is chilly and overcast today, blah...I like sunshine and 70's.....so picky.
I have house work to do but not a lot of "drive". Maybe just really tired??

DD has been on vacation this week and for some reason it really disrupts my routine, and I feel like I can't get much done....doesn't make sense but there it is.

I think take out pizza and salad for supper tonight, I don't know if I have mentioned it but DD has 2 new kittens.... they are super cute and VERY active. They will be going to her apartment when she moves. I did not sign up to raise 2 more kittens.LOL

Logics, my CVS (Indiana) will look up all kinds of discount cards for you. My eye drops are over 200 even with insurance but they looked up discounts and they are now down to 31 so super score on that. The other eye drop I use is only 2...

I am doing prime rib for dad on Mother's Day, need to vacuum and clean while I am there... works out well because I do the roast while working at his house (it doesn't carry well). Will have a visit with my kids after the fact.
Off to get busy,
JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is really chilly here ( 46 F) (8 C) with a windchill of ( 43 F ) (6 C). It goes against my frugal nature to turn the furnace on this late in Spring but I did run the furnace for one cycle at 68 F. We continue with overcast skies and more rain on the way on and off..

I had a computer crash yesterday and will be spending time trying to re-open things. My Microsoft money program was completely wiped out. That means all of my banking information is gone except for what is in the actual bank statements. That is one reason I hate computers. They are great when they work but when they do not they cause a lot more work. I am going to have to recreate everything but will do so on paper so that I will not have to go through this again..

Clem hope your DB is doing better and you are able to get things rolling for his placement where he wants and needs to be.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:22 am Good morning all.

Cloudy day here, in the 50s currently going up to near 70, but rain expected around 5P. That's OK, I can still get out and do what I need to do.

Well the worst is over; both eyes have now had the glaucoma surgery and I'm on the 2 weeks of drops. So glad I decided to get it over with. A lot of stress has been lifted from my shoulders. I might need to get another prescription for the drops which even with my plan came out to be $41 and change. I've been seeing the ads for GoodRx and went on to see if they had a coupon for them which they did. With the coupon, the price comes to $24.15. I called my CVS and they said they do accept the GoodRx coupons. Think I will check on this with all my prescriptions; however, I think I've got a pretty good price on most of them right now.

Now I have to find me a new GI doctor to replace the one who retired a year and a half ago.

I also have to go and pick up my glasses. They were ready a week or so ago and I just haven't gotten around to it. They're already paid for.

Not much planned for the weekend. Looking forward to my lunch and boat tour on Wednesday. Hope the weather holds out as the long term forecast is predicting sun with some clouds. If not, the boat has an enclosure to sit in.

I have another extra activity the following week through the hospital program and I will definitely be attending that one as well. I intend to have as much fun now that I'm retired that I can.
Logics good to hear you are over the hump with your eyes. Having eye surgery is always a scary thing.. Hope with the stress level going down things will be looking up for you.
Janet Alliesmama