Daily Check in May 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check in May 10, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

Good Evening

My brother has finally been transitioned to the nursing home here. It was a long day.

And he can be so mean to us.

Today was something else. Even though three of us have been there with him since this started - he didn't want the doctor to share anything with us. He didn't want to say we were his next of kin for medical issues. He is devious. I really think he thinks we want to scam him.

For years he free loaded off my parents and drank. Even i had given him money. Then he finally applied for his VA disability and was awarded a huge chunk in back pay and over 3K a month in benefits and all of a sudden we were pariahs. yes the PTSD has something to do with it, but my oldest sister said he was always a jerk.

His daughter finally showed up and we let her take over. He only wanted her anyway. Even though I was the one that had gotten the ball rolling. My two sisters that were with me are helpful with other things.

Well at least he is in one place and it is done and that will be it. I will assist as needed but not taking a more active role. One sister gets mad at me because i don't treat him like a child. I hate little small talk type stuff. Lets get this thing done.

oh well, at least i can sleep tonight.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

On a good note, it was a nice chilly day :D
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Mackie, Happy Anniversary!
Clem, Glad your brother is where he needs to be. Sorry he doesn't appreciate all you have done for him.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Glad your brother is in a safe place, Clem and hopefully, the drama will go away. You deserve some down time. Happy anniversary Mackie.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

MackerelCat wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:19 pm Hi, frugal. Today is our 33rd anniversary, so DH took the day off work and we celebrated by going to play pinball at an antique arcade/museum. We had not played pinball since college and it was such fun.

I also went to the Salvation Army thrift store while he took a nap. For $5, I got a big glass vase, a basket and an unopened bottle of Dr. Bronner's orange and lavender lotion. The basket, lotion and some free Penzey's spice mixes were combined to make a gift and I cut wildflowers from the yard for the vase.

Try as I might, I can't find thrift shop slacks that fit me, so I bit the bullet and ordered two pairs that I know will fit from Amazon. One pair had a $5.99 coupon, so that helped.
Happy Anniversary!!
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with you Janet about computers. I had years of trips on a calendar program. It would help me identify when I did what. Then the computer upgrade blew it away. Another computer upgrade mixed up all the pictures from those trips. If hubs wasn't a computer cheerleader, I would do more on paper. But we have to choose our battles and hope for the best.