Daily Check In May 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
MackerelCat

Re: Daily Check In May 12, 2019

Post by MackerelCat »

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms of kids, fluffy or not.

It's been raining on and off this weekend here in Tennessee. The landscape is drenched, chilly, and so green. Littlest Dachshund mutt, the one who is half Spitz and looks like a golden fox, is curled up next to me while I sip coffee.

I plan to be kind of lazy today and just do minimal houscleaning and the chores to get ready for next week.
Mackie
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Happy Mother’s day to the mother’s. Today is bittersweet for me as my younger son was killed in an auto accident on Mother’s Day 16 years ago. That year Mother’s Day was May 11, yesterday was May 11, today is Mother’s day.

My new Washer will be delivered on Saturday. I had a choice between 2 top load washers. I chose the one I am getting based on the fact that I can I reach the bottom. I may need tongs to pick up socks. I have tongs and a reacher grabber.

I have put away all the clean laundry my daughter washed for me. She asked if I needed any more wash done. I told her no, but I know I will have a lot to do once the washer comes. But I now have enough clothes and towels until then.

Today my son said that dinner is a P. F Changs, after lunch he is hoping to take their rental car to the airport to exchange it. He has to arrange it with the rental car company first. The fob doesn’t unlock the doors properly. My daughter will drop my daughter-in-law and I off at Jo-Anns. The plan is for him to meet us at Jo-Ann’s. If we have finished he will go to my daughters where the plan is to go next.

Then we will go over to my daughter’s. Supper tonight will be bar b Q from my son’s favorite place. They have a location near her house.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Happy Mothers Day to all,

Trouble falling asleep last night, took a melatonin at 1:45 but they make me fuzzy in the AM.

It is cold and rainy again today. Very green outside, so that's a plus.
DD's 2 kittens will keep us occupied today, so cute and so busy(rotten) LOL

Going to dads at 4 to clean and cook...I hope the physical labor helps me sleep tonight. The family will get together to celebrate at a later date, DD #1 and #1 son in law run a campground and are getting it up for the season between rains. They have a large group coming in next weekend. I told them I really don't like going out on the actual holiday because of the crowds. Works for us.

Have a great day all,
JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:43 am Jackie, what is an egg chair?
An egg chair is usually wicker and shaped like an egg. It can hang from a tree, an overhead beam, or from a metal stand. Mine hangs from a stand, it was my Mother's Day gift from Hubby.

Here is a link to what it looks like.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Big-Hanging-Egg ... AAOSwk2tcphhz
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Its nice and sunny but still cool

My youngest brother treated us to breakfast. Then we went to see oldest brother at the home.

He sounds better but he still rambles on.

He made a comment about what is happening tomorrow that involves my other brother. The one that doesn't want to get involved in making decisions for him. So I asked him to clarify and one sister jumped all over me. She likes to pretend everything is hunky dory and tells us to say Yes to anything he says. My other sister and i said Nope - not going to happen.

I can't explain that if they have plans to do something tomorrow, that means i don't have to fill out any paperwork. But she just tells me to shut up. So i guess i won't do it and see what happens. So whatever.

Right now i do not like parts of my family - :mrgreen:
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Jackielou wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:49 am An egg chair is usually wicker and shaped like an egg. It can hang from a tree, an overhead beam, or from a metal stand. Mine hangs from a stand, it was my Mother's Day gift from Hubby.

Here is a link to what it looks like.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Big-Hanging-Egg ... AAOSwk2tcphhz
That is an awesome Mother's Day gift!!!!!