Daily Check In May 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: Daily Check In May 12, 2019

Post by icfrugal1 »

Happy Mother day to all, and thank you for the mother day greeting s for us fur mommies.

DH trimmed my hair for me today, YEAH !!! I feel less shaggy.

We will be going to MIL's later, we have a box of candy for her.

FB'ed with SIL this morning, she said that it's a real circus over there, oh joy.

IC
ohjodi

Post by ohjodi »

itspennyc wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 am
My new Washer will be delivered on Saturday. I had a choice between 2 top load washers. I chose the one I am getting based on the fact that I can I reach the bottom. I may need tongs to pick up socks. I have tongs and a reacher grabber.

Penny, I HIGHLY recommend getting a large mesh washing net/bag. It can hold several pairs of socks, a couple bras, and other smaller items. You'd probably be able to reach the bag in your washer, saving you from poking around for each item in the bottom of the washer.

Mine is from Norwex, and I love it. It's very large, barrel-shaped...15" x 11" x 10" and SUPER sturdy. I've used mine for about three years now, and not even a snag in it. I bought one for my sister in London, and she raves about it. She has three kids under three years old, and it's great for their tiny socks, bibs, etc.

This is the item at the Norwex website, but you can buy it at Amazon and eBay for $10.

https://shopus.norwex.biz/en_US/custome ... ail/395146
ohjodi
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

itspennyc wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:55 am Happy Mother’s day to the mother’s. Today is bittersweet for me as my younger son was killed in an auto accident on Mother’s Day 16 years ago. That year Mother’s Day was May 11, yesterday was May 11, today is Mother’s day.

My new Washer will be delivered on Saturday. I had a choice between 2 top load washers. I chose the one I am getting based on the fact that I can I reach the bottom. I may need tongs to pick up socks. I have tongs and a reacher grabber.

I have put away all the clean laundry my daughter washed for me. She asked if I needed any more wash done. I told her no, but I know I will have a lot to do once the washer comes. But I now have enough clothes and towels until then.

Today my son said that dinner is a P. F Changs, after lunch he is hoping to take their rental car to the airport to exchange it. He has to arrange it with the rental car company first. The fob doesn’t unlock the doors properly. My daughter will drop my daughter-in-law and I off at Jo-Anns. The plan is for him to meet us at Jo-Ann’s. If we have finished he will go to my daughters where the plan is to go next.

Then we will go over to my daughter’s. Supper tonight will be bar b Q from my son’s favorite place. They have a location near her house.

Penny
I remember this PennyC. So sorry for your loss.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello Friends,

Happy Mother's Day to you (or your SO, if you are one of the few males that frequent out group). We are all Mothers, whether we Mother our own children, school children, or four-legged children (or two- or three-legged).

Dh asked me last night at 9:39pm what I wanted for Mother's Day, I said I hadn't thought about it. He awoke early & went shopping with dd8, for bbq sauce but also came home with yellow daylilies and a mini red-rose bush. Then this evening, he & dd8 gave me garnet & ruby necklaces. WOW!! I'm nearly at a loss for words.

Mother's Day dinner was slow-cooked-in-oven Pork Ribs, green beans, and mashed sweet potatoes. I'd wanted oven-roasted Asparagus, but they will have to wait for another night's dinner.

I'd hoped to have a long nap today, but only caught a little one in my friend's driveway as I waited for her to come back to her house from the fields. However, I did have a lovely visit with her.

I just paid my major bills online, and I still have enough $$ leftover for some milk. :D

I'm off to brew some tea, and get dd6 a "leftover ribby please Mommy."