Daily check in May 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: Daily check in May 13, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have several mesh bags already so I will using them.

My children are great. They treated me royally yesterday.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

The small town local vet was only able to give my pup an injection for pain

We are taking him to another vet in the city tomorrow. He is resting comfortably. He ate two plates of Little Casear.

This is making me a nervous wreck! Sheesh. The older i get, the more anxiety i feel.

Is that normal?
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good evening everyone,

Sorry to hear that you have been feeling anxious Clemencia. I hope your little pup will be fine. I found that once I retired, I have the tendency to over think everything. Guess I now have too much time on my hands.

It was enjoyable volunteering at the school today. Some of the children's reading skills are really starting to take off! After the volunteer work, I went for a walk in our neighbourhood as I really wasn't feeling hungry yet. After that had salad, toasted bread, cheese, fresh strawberries with a dollop of plain yogurt for lunch. I took out some sole fillets for dh and dd's dinner. Dh went golfing once again. Vacuuming of the main floor was done and boy that cat fur can accumulate!

It is finally starting to feel a little bit warm and I took some time in the afternoon to just sit in the sun in the backyard and enjoy a book. I'm reading a Christmas novel by Richard Paul Evans borrowed from the library. Totally out of season but his books are so fun and very easy to read.

Tomorrow is walking club so that's another thing that will get me out of the house.

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

floridacatlover wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:28 pm Hello all.

It’s raining. Looking at the radar I thought it was mostly going to be north of us but we are getting a decent amount.

I went to mom’s house and did cleaning. Also watered some plants because I didn’t think we’d get the rain and did some clipping. I noticed that parts of mom’s alemande vine were dragging on the ground so I clipped and tucked the vine into the fence (neighbor’s fence) like mom used to do. The alemande vine has beautiful yellow flowers.

Sorry to hear about Doris Day’s passing. My most vivid memory is driving to Boston with mom when I was a child and the film That Touch of Mink playing seemingly for weeks at a theater in Wellesley Hills. We laughed about it. I had surgery in Boston as a child and had to go there often for doctor visits. I think I’ll see if I can find a Doris Day film on Prime tonight.

Yesterday I watched Sunday Morning and they had a good mix of stories as usual. One was about the old TWA terminal at JFK Airport in NYC. It has been renovated into a hotel that will open this week. I love architecture and this is a striking 1962 building by Eero Saarinen. It has been vacant since 2001 when TWA went out of business. They are calling it the TWA hotel and the whole place will have 1960s decor. Definitely on my bucket list to stay there (or at least visit) sometime!

It is really raining hard now. Glad I’m home.

Have a good afternoon.
I love Doris Day movies too.
Janet Alliesmama