daily check in May 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: daily check in May 15, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have no hot water, I called the office last night when I noticed the water was just barely warm. This was just before they closed. I hope they replace the water heater not just the heating element. At least so far there is no flood.

I am making blueberry oatmeal muffins. They are still in the oven.

Not much else is new here. I will know more once the maintenance man comes to check this morning.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Nice sunny morning

Feel okay - slept okay - i guess

Taking pup to the vet in a few minutes. He is doing well. Eats and goes out to take care of business.

Going to miss the usual breakfast

Hope all have a great day
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

Stayed outside until dark o clock last night....burning the stick pile. I also cleaned the mower shed. I figured with everything out of it that is was the perfect time.

Fiancé didn't make it to work on mowers last night, he got into a "nightmare" on a tree job so will be here today.

I slept until 3AM , then was wide awake until 5, I final y got up and took 1/2 a childrens Benadryl and slept till 8:30....I feel drugged but at least I slept. My brain would not shut down.

Logics, I wonder if your episode was a low blood sugar attack? Sounds a lot like what I go thru with one. I keep peanut butter crackers or a cereal bar with me because of them.
Hope to have a full day mowing when they are fixed, something off the list.
Off to do whatever
JCKitty
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

Update, my water heater will be replaced on Friday.

Now I need to move every thing in my tiny laundry closet, including everything on the shelves, as they will be removing the shelves.

Friday morning I have a Dr's appointment. So I will miss at least part of this mess.

Penny
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

My post was just eaten. Oh Poo.

No matter, i was just venting about my rotten day among entitled 8th grade students anyhow.

Not sure on dinner yet.. I'd LOVE pizza, but it's not in my budget, so maybe casserole and/or leftovers.

I miss knitting, but will get a chance to do some tonight at dd6's baseball game, Yay!

Speaking of knitting & fiber, Saturday I'm going with my Fiber Guild to a small wool factory... they take take raw wool fleeces and process them into lovely usable yarn, they'll even dye your yarn whatever color you want. I have a some ca$h I'm taking along in case pretty yarn or roving (carded wool needing to be spun) catches my eye. I'll be taking my girls along, as dh & the boys are going off on a Father & Sons camping trip with our church congregation.

Tomorrow is dd6's Kindergarten Field Trip, and I'm going along. This is the First Time I've ever been able to go with one of my children's classes, although my kids have asked me each year to go,.... Teachers just don't want other children along for the ride too.

Today I'm soooo thankful this day of Subbing is over. There was only the Principal here, not the usual "naughty kid" classroom, or other Administrators, plus 8 other Subs, so she was run ragged,
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Evening update:

I finally got the mowers going...changed the belt myself, fiancé was here this AM and the belt they had sold me on the 3rd trip to town was still too short. OY VEY!!!!!

Changed out the battery on the second mower and put the charger on it....ran back to town exchanged the 2 wrong belts for one that I hoped would work and glory be it went on for me!!! The second mower finally started but...now it is spurting oil....I drove it to the front of the garage and once again it wouldn't start. Re-hooked the charger and left it!!! Then I got some mowing done. I will finish tomorrow.

I had to stop mowing because I had to finish supper for dad, spaghetti with sauce and meatball (from the freezer). Plus I had to clean myself up first, I looked like the wreck of the Hesperus.

Somewhere in there today I also planted 2 milk crates of Iris and used my Mantis tiller.
I also got my hammock hung!!! Woo Hoo this is a big deal for me, have had it forever.

I need to do some housework tomorrow, I can't stand to come in and see things that need done.
Roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and ??? for tomorrow. I will do it in the crock pot so I can get stuff done.

Windows are open, and it is so nice out...birds singing and smells like fresh mown grass. I have already decided to take 1/2 of a Tylenol PM when I go to bed. I am sore and I need sleep.
Off to read and relax.
JCKitty