daily check in May 16, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: daily check in May 16, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I am making blueberry oatmeal muffins. They are still in the oven.

Not much else is new here. I will know more once the maintenance man comes to check this morning.

Thursday, May 16, 2019

I have pulled everything but the mops etc from the laundry closet. I will do that later. My living room is full.

I pitched all the extra parts to my washer, packing materials for moving, and the stacking kit.

I was hoping the milk crates would fit on the shelf on the balcony but they are too big. I will give them away. First I will see if the person who helps me with my shopping can use them for her classroom. If so I will give them to her. If not I will take them up to the club room.

I have some things to go but today is not the day to take them as the state inspectors are here today.

Penny
icfrugal1

Post by icfrugal1 »

Good morning,

It rained hard last night.

I'm thinking that with a big dog, Goldie 77#'s (Good grief) I will never have a clean house :( , but I'm still de cluttering.

I've decided to have a pool party this August.

LOL my girl friend asked why I was having a party and I told her to force me to clean the house and because I like having people over :lol: She laughed , that is why she has her Christmas party.

IC
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Hello everyone,

The spring fever bug has finally bitten me and I've been very busy both inside and outside the house. In fact haven't even checked into the forum for a few days! Outside I've been working on the perennial garden and doing the final raking of our yard. Got it done in time for our environmental waste pick up on Wednesday. Inside I've been cleaning like crazy! Vacuumed the entire house, washed the whole main floor on my hands and knees and also cleaned the base boards at the same time. Do any of you ever wash your floors on your hands and knees? With this method dirt doesn't stand a chance! Anyway, I'm happy that our whole environment seems refreshed. I used Myers Lemon Verbena general cleaner and it smells so good - getting aroma therapy at the same time! I did take a break yesterday to go to walking club. I didn't go on Tuesday as it was pouring day. That was the day I got exercise washing floors. Heavy bedroom comforters washed today and lighter ones have taken their place.

Dinner tonight is going to be pretty simple. There's a very small amount of beef stirfry left and dh and dd can fight over who gets it! I supplemented by cooking up some turkey bacon which I don't want to go bad. I'm having cauliflower-lentil soup (shame, shame it's canned!) and will make sweet potato fries and a salad. I rarely push the easy button for meals so don't feel guilty.

This afternoon I spent de-cluttering and dusting. Less stuff always makes life easier to manage. I'm happy that I've been able to put off grocery shopping and have been using the site "My Fridge Food" for suggestions.

Have a great evening everyone!
Creative
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Mrs Creative

I used to clean my kitchen floor almost daily on my hands and knees.

I would use a pledge cleaner that would keep it shiny. Now - forget it.

I really need to find the motivation to clean. I used to do the baseboards, dust the walls. Fans, windows, Now - nothing

Don't know whats wrong. Well it does bother me that the COD just keeps getting stuff and never does anything with it. That can bring me down - like cleaning and organizing is futile.....
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

On a better note

We went to visit older sibling in the home. He is doing a lot better. Just waiting until he can get a slot at the veterans home. He went to check it out and says it is very nice.

Keep your fingers crossed that he gets a spot.
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Clem I really hope things work out for your brother. You’ve had a lot on your plate lately.

Don’t feel bad about not getting on your hands and knees to wash your floors. Mostly I’m just a mopper, but every once and a while I think it needs a deeper clean. That Pledge must have made your floors pretty slippery! Once Dh applied furniture polish to our laminate floors. They looked great but very slippery!