Tuesday Morning

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
randamax

Tuesday Morning

Post by randamax »

We used to have several of these stores around in my area, but over time, they all closed. From time to time, I would stop in and find some good buys on craft supplies, gifts, decorations, etc., but what I found with the two stores I shopped at was that they were always messy and disorganized. It made shopping there a less than pleasant experience, so I stopped going.

Well they opened a new store in my area and I haven't been there yet. I checked out their website and though they don't list specific items necessarily, it shows photos of stores that are neat and tidy and look like they have all kinds of interesting things! I asked my mother in law if she ever shops in her local Tuesday Morning and she said she did. She felt the same way I felt about the older stores, but hers closed, too, and she's shopping in a new location that opened about a year or so ago. She's going to come over for lunch on Tuesday and we're going to check out my new local store to see what we think.

Do any of you ever shop there? If so, what has been your experience? How do you find their prices to be compared to, say, Home Goods? What have you bought there that you found to be especially nice - gifts? craft items? If you stay away, is it because you don't like the store and/or the way it's laid out? Their prices? Too many things tempting you to spend money?
clemencia2us

Re: Tuesday Morning

Post by clemencia2us »

We used to go to one in Lawton Oklahoma. I loved it.

It wasn't messy at all. So many neat things. The prices were unbelievable.

I've gone to one in San Antonio and also found it to be neat and organized.

I love to look around in them.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

i liked to buy their bedding and towels

Got some nice stainless steel pots that are still going strong.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

I have loved Tuesday Morning for years. I think that you are correct that they used to be messier and are now more organized. (Not sure if this is still true, but in the old days when a sale started on a Thursday, the “regulars” knew to show up on Tuesday for an early-bird sale, thus the name.)

It is a “dangerous” place for me because I want everything. Great place for “different” kitchen and dining items. I buy my doormats there. Lots of unique stationery-type items. I bought my travel journal there.

For years I have bought Christmas cards there. They put them out in late September or October and that is when the best selection is available. Lots of high-quality cards at 1/2 price.