daily check in May 31, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Grannysewstoys

Re: daily check in May 31, 2019

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I have a towel wash in the washer, I am only doing the towels today.

My giveaway bin is full, I took it up today, so more out of my apartment.

I have gathered and put out my garbage this morning.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

well we needed rain and we got it

Along with lots of wind. Wasn't bad here at my house, but just a few blocks over - several streets are blocked due to downed trees!!!

My sibling called kind of scared. Her street is blocked. So i went over last night after the storm passed to check on her.

Going out again now in daylight to see how bad it is.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good uh...morning (for 8 more minutes)

It has been a busy one. I went and completed my drug screening for a new client. My work machine broke. It will not boot. So I made phone calls for it. A tech will be coming to my place Monday. My work phone email program was giving my issues too. I updated my phone and now can see work emails. I have a third load of laundry in the wash, second in dryer. I cleaned most of my bathroom before putting the towels in the wash. Shew, on my day off.

I need filters for my Brita pitcher. I have a Bed, Bath & Beyond coupon, so will venture there. I got a few groceries, Need to get a few more at Walmart or Meijer.

Our boil water order has been lifted, that's why I am doing laundry. The tech I talked to about my computer is in ATL, but recognized my area code. He is from here. and will be coming up to check on family this weekend.

Have a great day,
Maggie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Had a 10:00 follow-up Dr's appointment this morning so it was a get-up early day for me. I so enjoyed sleeping in yesterday morning. I had promised Mr. B that I would continue going to the gym everyday, but I may have lied to him. :lol: I need to get rested up for the trip first.

Beautiful day in Tennessee and I plan on spending some time in the yard today. Humidity is low so that should keep it from feeling so hot. Late this afternoon I will go pick up rent from a couple of tenants who have texted me to let me know they have it. I like to go as quickly as I can before they spend it for something else.

Rinty, you are marvelous. To-do-list finished before noon, that is an accomplishment. I am going to vacuum my bedroom, change the sheet, wash those and call it good.
However, I may slip in a little nap to give me more energy.

My sister-in-law in Mississippi gave me scads of Taste of Home and Southern Living Magazines when I saw her on Sunday and I am looking forward to going through those. Taste of Home always has wonderful recipes and she knows I enjoy reading recipes as if they were novels.

Hope everyone stays well, cool and comfortable for the week-end.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Quick check in to let you know...I am in the hospital with my dad.
He got really sick this last week, have forgotten the day. would not go to ER.
I kept taking care of him at home but he took a fall on Tuesday? and I called a company with Hospice, had an evaluation, nurse said possibly Pneumonia....so I sorta lied to my dad and said it was a nurse from his doctors office and she said to go to ER for pneumonia and he finally agreed.
I have been here with him since (on a cot) in his room.
He is dehydrated, meds were screwed up because of the dehydration and because he had gotten into the laxatives which caused the dehydration they may have caused a bleed in his digestive track.
He has had fluids, blood and platelets…. he is coming along nicely but I have to stay 24/7 because he depends on me. Nurses and staff have been great, he wants to buy them donuts, LOL.

Trying to get his strength built back up, the doc would like to see him go to rehab for a week but at this time he is refusing, so please pray he will be strong enough to get him home and I am lining up home health care and maybe a private duty nurse. I will move in with him if I need to.
I am hoping he will try the rehab first, working on getting him to agree.

I am sure by now my house looks like the city dump but DD's are trying to keep up with everything and do their jobs also. We will get thru this.
More later?
JCKitty
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Kitty, you and your dad are in my prayers. Life turns on a dime doesn't it? It amazes me how things can change in a 24 hour period or instantly.