Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

It’s hard to believe it is already June.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

I’m up fairly early because Pippi wanted her breakfast.

It’s another hot day here. No rain for the foreseeable future. I did do a bit in mom’s yard yesterday in the shade and watered everything well. So I’m staying home (mostly) today. I may go to Aldi later on this afternoon.

I’m going to do some reorganizing of my kitchen cabinets. I have Christmas candles and Christmas drinking glasses on the top shelf of one of my main cabinets. I’ll move them to the cabinet over the refrigerator which is hard to reach but has some larger Christmas candles and candy jars. This will open up some prime space.

I’ve decided to go to New England for a few days in the fall instead of going to NYC at Christmas. I hope to book my ticket today after changing the 3% category on one of my cc to “travel.” I’ll stay with my cousins. (I really prefer staying in a hotel but they want me to stay with them. They are very kind.) They’ve told me they are open during my preferred time, late September/early October so I have flexibility in looking for a cheap flight.

What I do for that little Pippi. She will not use the new scratching curl I bought a few weeks ago. I received an email yesterday from Amazon with other “suggested” items. One is a scratching curl that looks like the original I purchased from PetsMart before it was discontinued. It is cheaper than the old PetsMart price so I’m thinking it is a closeout purchased from PetsMart. So I’ll order it for my finicky little girl.

Today I’ll do laundry and a few other chores but mainly plan a “me” day and stay out of the heat.

Enjoy your day.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Happy Birthday PennyC!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Happy Birthday PennyC.

Glad Clem reminded us all.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I slept well last night!

But i could have slept longer, but my little patient had to go outside. In an hour he has been out three times! He just wants to look around.

I'm having my second cup of coffee and trying to enjoy the quiet. Ugh and yet people still text! What the heck. I know they are used to getting up early cause they work, but why text and call so early? I have never been one to be all yappy and talking so early. I need a few hours of silence. My sister and I used to laugh about this cuz she was the same way. When we would be getting ready to go to school - we didn't speak a word while getting dressed. :lol:

I know i am here reading and posting, but that doesn't include responding to a "real" person. Not that y'all aren't real - of course.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Up at a decent time this morning, and while I am not ready to face the morning as of yet, at least I have had coffee and feel a bit more human.

Last night Hubby and I sat beside the firepit for a bit. That meant no knitting got accomplished, but the quiet night along with the crackle of wood made for a very relaxing evening.

Today I will head out for a bit of a walk in the cooler temperatures of the morning, and then get started with the few chores I have for today. I hope to finish off the last remaining planter as well, this has dragged on for much longer than usual.

Fun things for today will be going to the library this afternoon (my ereader seems to have developed a hiccup), and hopefully watching some more of Heartbeat on the TV (which has also developed a hiccup, and I am afraid will need replacing, just hope it holds on until youngest DS comes home so he can set everything up on the new one).

I also want to get some things printed out for the second presentation board for the ministry fair. This one should be much easier to accomplish than the first (Ecumenism), but seems much more difficult for some reason.

We will be heading to Mass tonight instead of tomorrow. The prayer shawls are going to be blessed. I do so hope that it is not sweltering inside. Summers see the church getting way too warm and staying warm for extended periods of time. Supposedly someone has stepped forward and is going to pay for air conditioning units, but the venting and such will need to be paid by the church or should I say by us. Father has even made up special envelopes for this purpose. When I think about it the air conditioning units will not be the most expensive part of this project. In comparison to adding vents through 100 year old walls and doing so without cracking them or the stained glass, or the amount of labour costs to pay for said installation, those units will look like they cost chicken feed.

Supper today is going to be hot dogs and baked beans. Making a salad to go along with them.

Today I am grateful for quiet morning where I can drink coffee in peace.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/