Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily Check-In, June 1, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:22 am It’s hard to believe it is already June.

It most certainly is unbelievable.

Haven't done much yet today. Housework is completed on Friday. If I do anything on the weekend, it's just make my bed, prepare and clean up after meals.

Went to the park earlier this morning. I took both a puzzle book and a book that I'm reading; managed to do something from both.

Found a 3 month meal plan I had put together previously with all the things I had left in my freezer. I'm going to try to stick to it as I really have to use up what I have.

Tonight's meal is simple, a Smart One's entrée and an ear of corn. Tomorrow I will make one of my beef roasts. If I stick to this plan which I actually created to begin last month, I should basically only have to buy salad items, an occasional milk and fruit. There's something wrong when a blogger says she spends only $300 to feed a family of 6 and I spend around $200 for just me.

Well, have a wonderful day all.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

yes - almost half of the year gone. Just a few more weeks.

Summer solstice on the 22nd - longest day of the year and then it starts heading towards fall and winter again.

I think time just goes by faster when you are older??
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Can't believe how much energy i have now.

I went through my closet and gathered things up that i've been putting off for a while.

Cleaned the blinds and walls and ceiling light fixtures. Dust just gathers on them. I buy swiffer dusters by the huge box.

Changed the bedding

Now going to getting ready for mass later and grad party

Guess the meds are working!
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We are enjoying another beautiful day in Tennessee. It feels good to say that after all the complaining I did about the rain.

Logics, I am with you on the no housework on the week-end. However, I've had to break my rule this week as I spent the last couple of days in the yard. I didn't strip my bed and wash the sheets until this morning and I did my 15 minute FlyLady routine on my zone. Didn't take me long to do it and I can't wait to crawl into my nice clean bed tonight. My husband use to say if he could afford a maid he's have his sheets changed everyday. I now feel the same way. :lol: :lol:

I don't know what I will do the rest of the day, but probably going to do nothing. Everyone have a wonderful week-end.

Happy Birthday Penny.
rinty

Post by rinty »

Happy Birthday Penny.

Another nice busy day. Its good to get stuff done.

I ironed while DH was at the allotment, he came back after planting out the beetroot and parsnips to say our peas are ready. To quote his mate down there............" The Wife needs to come and pick these." :shock: Apparently the broad beans will be ready soon as well.

The Processing of the Produce begins !

Got a ton of paperwork in the post today , a product of all the calls and emails. Need to sort/sign/do covering letters and send it all back out again ! I visited DS this evening, my fav carer had taken him out somewhere he used to love visiting, very different to those who let him rot. Saw the photos, lovely. DS blanked me as he wasn't expecting me that day . It was " wrong ". Bless him. He looked clean and cared for.

I feel I have cooked for England since getting back from camping........today was veggie lasagne and apple cake. That stewed apple won't cook itself ! ;) Tomorrow a recipe from the FREE ASDA magazine...........a kind of savoury traybake I will serve with rice.

Final load in the wash, whites so that EVERYTHING can be declared clean and ironed before going back to work. I was not supposed to be doing extra hours but the person I am covering still isn't well. I respect the long hours she does, I wouldn't do them by choice. DH says I should contact her and make it clear I am not trying to take her role.........perhaps not as she might then try to rush back before she is really ready.

DH watching football. YAWN ;)

I plan to be in bed by 9 just reading with a fruit tea.

Look after yourselves , guys and avoid the news, ANY news :shock:

Logics, sometimes it honestly was easier cooking cheaply for a family. I'd batch cook and they. all ate the same thing. YOu need to eat a varied diet, you certainly aren't overspending
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:05 pm Can't believe how much energy i have now.

I went through my closet and gathered things up that i've been putting off for a while.

Cleaned the blinds and walls and ceiling light fixtures. Dust just gathers on them. I buy swiffer dusters by the huge box.

Changed the bedding

Now going to getting ready for mass later and grad party

Guess the meds are working!
That is great, Clem!

I talked with my doctor the other day and told her that I often feel down. She said if I wanted meds she would give them to me but I decided to hold off until I talk with my eye doctor. (Many meds impact eye pressure.) My doctor did say she thought I was feeling and looking better (even though I had gained four lbs!) and I do feel less emotional than in the first year I was without my mom. (My doctor was my mom’s doctor so she knows me well.) So we’ll see. I see my eye doctor in about a month.