Daily check in for June 11, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily check in for June 11, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Cannot sleep again. I took Teddi to the vet this morning and when we came home I fell asleep on the couch and slept for about an hour. That was enough to take the edge off of me sleeping tonight. I have not slept at all.. Bummer.

Today my aide will be here and we will run errands and then home to do some puttering.

I put a small beef roast in my crock pot before I left for the Vet's office. The house smelled really good when we came home. When the roast was ready I sliced it up an nibbled a bite. I did not like it.. I guess I just do not like beef anymore. It was nice and tender so I did make a sandwich and had to add mustard and pickled jalapeno peppers to make it go down...lol. Teddi was thrilled and gobbled it down and begged for me. Since he has not been eating well I let him have a little bit more. He will get the rest of the roast for his meals for the next couple of days.It was a small roast on sale. It is still cheaper than buying him his dog food. However today while we are out I am going to stop by Petco and buy him some of his fresh dog food. They have been out for a couple of weeks but were suppose to have a new refrigerator and delivery this week.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
ownedbydogs

Re: Daily check in for June 11, 2019

Post by ownedbydogs »

Have been up since 2,. Daughter and I take turns sitting up with dh. at night. Works out well as I am a early to bed and a morning person and she is the opposite. He is doing better and able to sit up in a chair when son n law can be here to get him up and put him back to bed. He is in no pain, so we are grateful for that. With his heart and liver problems, we just take it day by day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ownedbydogs wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:20 am Have been up since 2,. Daughter and I take turns sitting up with dh. at night. Works out well as I am a early to bed and a morning person and she is the opposite. He is doing better and able to sit up in a chair when son n law can be here to get him up and put him back to bed. He is in no pain, so we are grateful for that. With his heart and liver problems, we just take it day by day.
Owned glad to hear from you. Good to hear your DH is better and not in any pain.I know how stressful this can be physically and emotionally. We took care of my Mom the same way. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. ((hug))
Janet Alliesmama
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts, Owned.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

Good morning frugal folks,

A lot of unwilling early birds posting this morning starting us out. We are finally getting summer rains. I have 2 rain barrels hooked up to irrigation lines. The rains yesterday tested the systems and they worked as expected. I have one more line to hook up, but the flower bed is not ready yet. I have to move the plants into it before laying the line. I am being very careful with my bad knee.

Today, the yard guy comes and I want to go over a couple of things with him. All and all, I am satisfied that I am getting my money's worth. Since I can't do it myself with this bad knee, he was reasonable.

I am pleased that I have the kitchen design pretty much locked down. I need a minor remodel to the master bathroom. I made the bathroom more accessible a couple of years ago. We have the toilet riser and sliding shower seat and a wide doorway. Both are a great fit for the bathroom setup. But the sink situation is not acceptable. I finally found a design online that I like. Saved the photo.

Old dance partner is sad. His ac in Houston has gone out again. He has nursed his old thing along since he moved in there in 2002. I had to replace the system in my Texas house and it was expensive. I also will need to do that here in Florida as well. Just don't know when. Mine uses the old freon just like his does. Well, not broken yet, so we don't have to do that yet. An estimated $15,000 for the kitchen(maybe more) and probably $2,000 for the bathroom remodel. It will be an ouch $$ year even if nothing else goes wrong.

Yesterday, I walked twice. The second walk was much longer and I was pleased that the knee didn't get mad at me. We are expecting rains very soon, so I think the morning walk will have to wait. I still can't really lift anything. I feel so out of shape and fat.

Normal daily frugal activities here. I am using the excess beef fat from hamburgers to flavor the turkey bacon and eggs with leftover Italian tomato sauce. Lunch is salad. I made my own sugar free salad dressing. It saves a lot of money and it is keto. Dinner will be tex-mex ground beef with chili peppers. 20 grapes for dessert. Life is good.

Today, I am grateful for the summer rains. Have a good day everyone.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ownedbydogs wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:20 am Have been up since 2,. Daughter and I take turns sitting up with dh. at night. Works out well as I am a early to bed and a morning person and she is the opposite. He is doing better and able to sit up in a chair when son n law can be here to get him up and put him back to bed. He is in no pain, so we are grateful for that. With his heart and liver problems, we just take it day by day.
I’m glad that your husband is better and not in pain. As you say, one day at a time. I’m glad that your DD is there to help. Take care of yourself, Owned, because it is easy to get exhausted.