Daily Check In June 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Daily Check In June 12, 2019

Post by floridacatlover »

Good morning all.

I’m thinking of Kitty today.

Jackie, are you getting a Smart TV? I’ve heard they are easier to set up to stream content as least for things that don’t involve your box.

Penny, is your surgery in an outpatient surgery center or the doctor’s office? Good luck with it.

Clem, I hope that your brother is still doing much better.

Well I have to make a surprise visit to the tire center (which is my regular mechanic). Got a call from him that they have two extra tires in inventory my size and they want to check if they put the wrong size on my car! Glad they noticed. I’ll check the tires to see if I can tell in a couple minutes when my hair is dry. But they want me to stop by. (Actually they said they’d come to my house but I figured this was just as easy.) I googled it and it looks like it isn’t something that would damage my car especially since it has only been since Fridsy. But I hope I don’t have to leave the car again for half a day!

Yesterday I cut mom’s back yard late in the day. Glad to have that done! I started at 4:30 and the sun was still strong so later would have been better. Our rain has not amounted to much. There was 1” in the rain gauge on Monday and nothing yesterday. Today has a big chance of rain but so far it is sunny. My dad always said we were in a dry spot.

Cutting the grass, I saw a big plastic tarp that had fallen over the fence of one of the back neighbors into the back corner of mom’s yard. Not the messy neighbor or the good neighbor but a third neighbor who I’ve only spoken to once after hurricane Irma. The tarp wasn’t heavy thankfully. It was partly wet. I can’t figure out how they were using it and how it got over the fence. But I folded it up, stopped by their house and knocked and rang the doorbell. No answer but a dog barked so I knew someone would be at the house later. I left the folded tarp on their front porch.

Have a good day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:59 am Good morning everyone,

We had some rain last night so no need for me to water the flower pots and garden this morning. It sunny but cool so perfect weather for outdoor walking club. I will have to wear a fleece hoodie though as currently it's only 12 degrees C or 53 F. Our expected high is only 18 degrees or 64 F. We walk near the lake so the temperatures are always a little cooler there.

Last night dh BBQed some hamburgers and veggie skewers. They made for such a nice change! We very rarely have grilled food. There are enough leftover for tonight's meal, supplemented with a fresh salad. My burgers were veggie burgers, of course! Dd loves hamburgers but we don't have them often as they're not really healthy.

Dh has already left for golf and dd is away at work so I have the house to myself for a bit. I enjoyed some time already outside on our deck, reading some magazines borrowed from the library. I am really enjoying our long days of sunshine but do find I am waking up even earlier. No matter how I try it's hard for me to sleep past 5:30 am.

I hope to make this a no-spend day. Dh and I are happy to have remedied a couple of annoying tasks. He removed our screen door and took it to a place that checked out the casters. They only needed cleaning but in order to do that the repair person needed to remove the screen. He replaced the screen, cleaned out the casters and now the screen door is working like new! Dh was able to reinstall the door without any difficulties. So for the cost of $25.00 we thought that was a steal! Dh also replaced a part on our outdoor faucet so I no longer get an unintended shower whenever I use the hose. Thank goodness for You-Tube videos. Dh found one from a female plumber who was able to explain things so well. The replacement part was less than $10.00 but the convenience is priceless! But this is what happens when your home is nearly 30 years old. No matter how hard you try to take care of things, parts will eventually wear out and have to be replaced. Our next project is to stain the deck floor. We had finished the railings and top of the railing and steps last year before dh had dislocated his shoulder. For the most part we have removed the peeling stain from the deck floor. But we'd really like it to warm up a bit more before we stain it, as if it's not completely dried out the water will bubble through. It it holds up for another 30 years we should be fine as we'll no longer be living here - unless we stay till we're in our 90's and in dh's case 100's!

Owned by Dogs I hope you're holding up well and that your dh has a speedy recovery!
Creative
Creative it is amazing what you can find on You Tube and do things at home. I repaired my old fridge 3 times before it finally gave up the ghost.It was simple and did not require any kind of parts and I saved the cost of a service charge.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:40 am I was too busy the last 2 days to wash my hair and change my bed. I will do it again on Monday so it will be fresh when I come home. I have the bottom sheet on the bed.

I mixed up a batch of blueberry oatmeal muffins for breakfast.

I decided that I would wash my quilt today. Then tomorrow I will do a load of dresses and the sheets.

My quilt is in the dryer. I know it will take much longer to dry, It is much wetter then my old washer left it. Plus my dryer is small.

Penny
Penny good luck with your surgery. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers..
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by floridacatlover » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:16 am

Good morning all.

I’m thinking of Kitty today.

Jackie, are you getting a Smart TV? I’ve heard they are easier to set up to stream content as least for things that don’t involve your box.

Penny, is your surgery in an outpatient surgery center or the doctor’s office? Good luck with it.

Clem, I hope that your brother is still doing much better.

Well I have to make a surprise visit to the tire center (which is my regular mechanic). Got a call from him that they have two extra tires in inventory my size and they want to check if they put the wrong size on my car! Glad they noticed. I’ll check the tires to see if I can tell in a couple minutes when my hair is dry. But they want me to stop by. (Actually they said they’d come to my house but I figured this was just as easy.) I googled it and it looks like it isn’t something that would damage my car especially since it has only been since Fridsy. But I hope I don’t have to leave the car again for half a day!

Yesterday I cut mom’s back yard late in the day. Glad to have that done! I started at 4:30 and the sun was still strong so later would have been better. Our rain has not amounted to much. There was 1” in the rain gauge on Monday and nothing yesterday. Today has a big chance of rain but so far it is sunny. My dad always said we were in a dry spot.

Cutting the grass, I saw a big plastic tarp that had fallen over the fence of one of the back neighbors into the back corner of mom’s yard. Not the messy neighbor or the good neighbor but a third neighbor who I’ve only spoken to once after hurricane Irma. The tarp wasn’t heavy thankfully. It was partly wet. I can’t figure out how they were using it and how it got over the fence. But I folded it up, stopped by their house and knocked and rang the doorbell. No answer but a dog barked so I knew someone would be at the house later. I left the folded tarp on their front porch.

Have a good day.
My surgery will at a Surgery Center, I will be having sedation. My Dr has no idea what he will find. So I won't know how extensive the surgery will be until it is over.

Penny
floridacatlover

itspennyc wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:39 pm My surgery will at a Surgery Center, I will be having sedation. My Dr has no idea what he will find. So I won't know how extensive the surgery will be until it is over.

Penny
I have you in my prayers, Penny, that everything will go well.
floridacatlover

I’m home from the tire place. Long story but two of the tires they put on my car should have been for another Honda Accord two years older so two of my tires were still in their inventory. They changed them while I waited and filled my tank with gas for my inconvenience. I never would have known so I appreciate their honesty. (They had already ordered new tires for the older Accord and put them on so I wonder if they will sell my two incorrect tires as used or new.)

I ran to moms house but didn’t stay long. I wanted to doublecheck the garage. Yesterday the neighbor cat was walking across the driveway when I was going into the backyard with the mower. I had left the garage door open. I checked to make sure the cat was not in the garage when I closed the door yesterday but still had a nagging feeling. But all was OK, no cat in the garage today. (I had trouble getting this cat out of the garage one time so that is why I worried.)

I stopped at HD and bought two bags of mulch and a blue salvia plant for my front entrance. I will try to get that put down/planted tomorrow or Friday. It’s thundering now and we are getting a small amount of rain.