Daily Check In June 15, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check In June 15, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We are in rain and storm mode. Had storms during the night and several this morning. Bummer because they are suppose to have a big parade in St. Louis, MO due to the Blue's winning the Stanley Cup.

Teddi seems slightly better with being a bit frisky when he goes out but having to strain to have a bowel movement but nothing coming out. He has not eaten since Thursday night so that might be some of the problem. I am going to call the Vet office in a few minutes to see if they have his report and if I need to bring him back in today. The storms stress him out but there is nothing I can do to make him feel less stressed.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
rinty

Post by rinty »

Nice weekend with DS home. Went to see Aladdin this morning, LOVED it. DS is curled up in a recliner here beside me as his back is bothering him.

Making pork and beans tonight as a kind of homage ( sp? ) to JcKitty and her daddy, you always made himt he nicest meals. We do like cornbread but not with savoury food, its not a British taste. I serve cornbread as a breakfast muffin.

Lots of blah this week, foolishly I have been listening to the news..........what possible good could come of BORIS JOHNSON as PM ?????? Anyone ?????? He is like a refugee from a Jeeves and Wooster comedy, " Oh, what a lovable buffoon am I "

Did I mention I completed a metric tonne of paperwork, sent it off only to get part of it returned with NO covering letter at all? Which means what exactly ? Is there some arcane code \I am unaware of ??? Anothr parent same house sent me a stressed out email regarding much the same treatment. I haven't responded, I can't offer anything positive as my answer would be............" they don't care, this is being dealt with by some lowly clerk and there is nothing at all we can do about it ."

Factual but not reassuring.

Did find out the care home will take the boys on holiday for around £450 each ( and we will also be paying for the holiday itself ) That is not a bad deal, if the others will go along with it , I'd pay that. Given that they need waking nights. I'd love them to go to Centre Parcs. So around £1250 realistically but he would enjoy it hugely.

One lovely thing this week was Holy Communion Mass. Oh my gosh the kids looked beyond adorable, the clothes were so elaborate, the shoes, the veils. The parents really turned them out well.

No expenses this coming week, nothing needed. I am hoping for some early nights at work as my collegue ( cancer sufferer ) thinks she is well enough to return.

Craft club was really good, 12 x 12 mini books, we made around 25, but lots of prep for me. THIS week I am falling back on Cross Stitch ;) Its simple and easy to do, those who have done the club before will be given the choice of more challenging patterns. But NO prep !!!

Mackie, thought you were lovely to your friend with the new baby, so sorry to here the poor woman ended up with a birth injury. She is being put thru it.

Fathers day is a BBQ at one of the kids ( they are still deciding whose turn it is to host !!! Both want to ;) )

Hope everyone feels better soon, particularly poor little Teddi.

(((hugs)))
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Showered but haven't gone out yet

I started cleaning again. Boy the fridge really needed it.

Taking these meds have given me the energy or whatever it is that i needed to start getting back on a cleaning schedule. I tell you i had been just dragging and not wanting to do anything.

Maybe my oldest sibling was depressed too? OMG - the house. Horrible.

I don't want to get like that. I can see where it can get to where you just don't want to do anything.

Or be the other way and wash windows daily - my other sibling.

Need to be somewhere in the middle.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:27 am Nice weekend with DS home. Went to see Aladdin this morning, LOVED it. DS is curled up in a recliner here beside me as his back is bothering him.

Making pork and beans tonight as a kind of homage ( sp? ) to JcKitty and her daddy, you always made himt he nicest meals. We do like cornbread but not with savoury food, its not a British taste. I serve cornbread as a breakfast muffin.

Lots of blah this week, foolishly I have been listening to the news..........what possible good could come of BORIS JOHNSON as PM ?????? Anyone ?????? He is like a refugee from a Jeeves and Wooster comedy, " Oh, what a lovable buffoon am I "

Did I mention I completed a metric tonne of paperwork, sent it off only to get part of it returned with NO covering letter at all? Which means what exactly ? Is there some arcane code \I am unaware of ??? Anothr parent same house sent me a stressed out email regarding much the same treatment. I haven't responded, I can't offer anything positive as my answer would be............" they don't care, this is being dealt with by some lowly clerk and there is nothing at all we can do about it ."

Factual but not reassuring.

Did find out the care home will take the boys on holiday for around £450 each ( and we will also be paying for the holiday itself ) That is not a bad deal, if the others will go along with it , I'd pay that. Given that they need waking nights. I'd love them to go to Centre Parcs. So around £1250 realistically but he would enjoy it hugely.

One lovely thing this week was Holy Communion Mass. Oh my gosh the kids looked beyond adorable, the clothes were so elaborate, the shoes, the veils. The parents really turned them out well.

No expenses this coming week, nothing needed. I am hoping for some early nights at work as my collegue ( cancer sufferer ) thinks she is well enough to return.

Craft club was really good, 12 x 12 mini books, we made around 25, but lots of prep for me. THIS week I am falling back on Cross Stitch ;) Its simple and easy to do, those who have done the club before will be given the choice of more challenging patterns. But NO prep !!!

Mackie, thought you were lovely to your friend with the new baby, so sorry to here the poor woman ended up with a birth injury. She is being put thru it.

Fathers day is a BBQ at one of the kids ( they are still deciding whose turn it is to host !!! Both want to ;) )

Hope everyone feels better soon, particularly poor little Teddi.

(((hugs)))
Thanks Rinty.

I feel sorry for all you have to deal with with your Dear Sweet Tom. I think it is lovely that you are able to bring him home for visits and that he will be able to go on a holiday somewhere.
I do not know how you manage to do all that your do with you home, family, work, and Craft club.. You really are amazing.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

I called the Vet's office. They had not received his test results but after describing what has been going on with him they thought an antibiotic might help. He had a similar problem over a year ago and they thought it might be the same thing again except that time they were able to determine the problem with a bowel sample. So I went to their office to pick up the antibiotic. Then stopped at Arby's to buy two roast beef sliders to hide the pills in the beef since he loves their meat. Also went to Ruler to buy some American cheese to wrap the pills in. Then to our local grocery store to buy a rotisserie chicken to temp him to eat. Came home and tried the sliders nope, cheese nope, rotisserie chicken nope. Finally I held him in my lap and popped the pill in sort of. He was not a happy camper. Then after sitting on my lap for a while he nibbled a bite of chicken if I hand fed him. Then a little bit more. He would not eat from his plate but at least I got some food in him. He had not eaten since Thursday night. I then stretched out on the couch and he snuggled up to me and fell asleep. He has been stressed out by the storms..I ate the sliders for my breakfast/lunch. I also took a quick nap of about 20 min. I left him on the couch with a pillow to his back and a light throw over him. I hope he sleeps and then when he wakes up will feel better.
Janet Alliesmama
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good evening ...
Still raining ... been at it all day. Feels more like October out there.

We had to go out in the mess to get DH's new glasses and run a couple of errands. DH put the grill together, and he's cleaning out part of the garage to have a place to put it, hooray!

Did a little road trip to see a baseball game last night. Saw more of the countryside than we wanted ... part of the main highway was shut down for some reason.

Florida, hope you enjoyed the game! Janet, hope Teddi is feeling better, poor boy.