Fun in the Summer!

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
randamax

Fun in the Summer!

Post by randamax »

Here's another fun idea for anyone who is interested. We usually have a neighborhood BBQ every summer. Well, when I coordinate it we do! LOL The last two years I haven't felt well enough to plan one, so we haven't had it. BUT, we're back on track for this year.

The BBQ will be on Sunday afternoon, July 21st, and I thought it would be fun to commemorate the event in some way. I found the cutest thing when I was shopping at Dollar Tree yesterday and I knew I had my 'commemorative' gift! I bought 18 boxes of this (one for each household) and will add a cute little tag with "street name" Neighborhood BBQ 2019" and tie it around the box with baker's twine.

This link is exactly what I bought, but it was only a buck a box at the Dollar Tree...as you can see, it's $9.99 on Amazon!! (what a total rip off!) I love the package - it just screams summer!
https://www.amazon.com/Meister-Candies- ... B07FBSDC9X
Jackielou

Re: Fun in the Summer!

Post by Jackielou »

Cute idea. It has been years since I have had salt water taffy.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Oh yum!! What a fun gift too.

I had to laugh when I saw the box; we stopped at my hometown grocery store Tuesday morning, they were selling their leftover cases of “Saltwater Parade taffy” for $46!! I think they were 50 pound boxes, lol, so glad my children didn't notice as they would have begged me to buy one.
rinty

Post by rinty »

I am glad you are feeling up to it, Randa, pleased your health is getting better.

The box is very cute, nice packaging.

It occurred to me that you might get a lot of use out of a die cutting system and some dies................like the pillow box ones or the more intricut boxes you can use for mini gifts as you enjoy Gift Giving and especially CUTE gift giving ? I am a fan of the SIZZIX Big Shot myself.

Lately I have made mini albums out of a 12 x 12 sheet of scrapbook paper and turned them into themed Gift card/voucher holders..........they were an idea for my Craft Club but it sturned out very well so I'll def use them at Christmas and have done them for two Teacher gifts.

I am still IN your Reading challenge. When I am out of school, we tend not to watch TV ( aka SLUMP in front of the TV ) and read more.

One book recommended to me was Schtum..........a novel about a severly autistic boy, a lighter read than it sounds apparently. I also recently waded through Tracey Chevalier s ( she wrote Girl with a Pearl Earring ) Peculiar Creatures. Oh dear, what a chore ! Its about Mary Anning , the woman who discovered lots of dinosaurs in rural Dorset ( where we used to live ) in the early 1800s. How the writer made that book DULL I don't know but she managed it !!!

Hope you continue to be well and don't over do things. Enjoy your BBQ !!!!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

randamax wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:57 pm Here's another fun idea for anyone who is interested. We usually have a neighborhood BBQ every summer. Well, when I coordinate it we do! LOL The last two years I haven't felt well enough to plan one, so we haven't had it. BUT, we're back on track for this year.

The BBQ will be on Sunday afternoon, July 21st, and I thought it would be fun to commemorate the event in some way. I found the cutest thing when I was shopping at Dollar Tree yesterday and I knew I had my 'commemorative' gift! I bought 18 boxes of this (one for each household) and will add a cute little tag with "street name" Neighborhood BBQ 2019" and tie it around the box with baker's twine.

This link is exactly what I bought, but it was only a buck a box at the Dollar Tree...as you can see, it's $9.99 on Amazon!! (what a total rip off!) I love the package - it just screams summer!
https://www.amazon.com/Meister-Candies- ... B07FBSDC9X
What a great idea! I'm going to look for that candy at Dollar Tree - I LOVE saltwater taffy and always have my whole life. I used to love watching them make it at our county fair.