Daily Check-in July 8th, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Daily Check-in July 8th, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

Good morning all.

To JanetAlliesmom; Rinty, LWolf, ChristmasTrees - I posted to board yesterday late but again I want to thank you for your support and hugs. Still reeling a bit from the weekend, but it will pass.

Forecast showing occasional rain till mid day and then partly cloudy. Although temps predicted in the 70s, there will be fairly high humidity today.

Now that summer has approached the senior activities have slowed a bit. My coloring group is still going to try to get together on Mondays, outside under the Pavilion at the center. Have to be sure to check my email as our group contact has yet to confirm the space will not be being used. Later in the week is my Breakfast Club. The hospital program decided to maintain the program through the summer months which is good for those of us who really don't have any other plans.

I do have to pay my car insurance today but other than that it will be a no spend day. Menu for tonight is chicken, potato and veggies.

Have a wonderful day.
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check-in July 8th, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Logics, I hope I am not getting this wrong, but did not your sister do similar things to you even when you were helping her? Or am I thinking of someone else? If so perhaps they both suffer from some type of mental disorder? Even so you shouldn't be treated in the manner you have been. Families, can sometimes be a pain in the booty and it is hard to put up with the pain that those who should be closest to you manage to dish out.

We got some rain overnight, but I have not ventured out to look in the rain gauge as of yet. I may do so in a bit. While we had the wind come up, there was no tornado warning blown. Mind you in the middle of the night, with windows all closed I doubt I would have heard anything.

Today will be my busiest day this week as is usual. Throw in an 11 am doctor's appointment and that means I need to get cracking very early. I hope to get out for even a short walk this morning, but first I need to start some of my list of chores. I am also thinking of adding one to the list. When I clipped parsley to dehydrate yesterday, I noticed the mint has taken off, so I plan on clipping it to dry this morning. The next batch of mint will be made into mint jelly to be used on ham or other pork cuts over the winter. Only making a single batch this time as the double batch just sat and sat.

I got 100 pages into my next library book and realized I had read it before. Put it on the pile to take back and pulled out the last one. Sometimes it is hard for me to keep track of what I have read and what I haven't. I used to keep a notebook with all the titles and authors but that fell by the wayside a few years ago. Trying to update it now would be hopeless (or would it?).

Frugally speaking this is going to be another no spend day. I plan on going to my appointment and coming straight home (need to get that work accomplished and crossed off the list). Bread will be made today, along with perhaps some biscuits or maybe scones (haven't baked in a very long time). I also plan on clipping that mint to dehydrate and store for tea during the winter.

Clothes will be hung on the line outside, at least they will if no more rain is forecast for today. If it is they will be hung on the lines in the basement.

Plan on continuing to use up the industrial sized household cleaning bottles I bought. The darn things are lasting forever. Then I get to hunt down "good" spray bottles from the Dollar Tree (bit more costly than the Dollar Store) that last longer than one usage.

Of course there are probably lots of little things I do (and all of you as well) that are so ingrained I don't even think of them as being frugal any longer.

I kind of mixed things up for dinner yesterday and made roast pork instead of chicken. This will cause me to have to move things around on the monthly menu once again. Sheesh, I am not paying attention to what I have planned for meals anymore. However I did get to use the Instant Pot again, and things turned out very well. I should have cooked the pork for another minute or two, but still the roast was very nice.

Supper today will consist of finishing off the soup from last week along with some egg salad or grilled cheese sandwiches. Don't know if Hubby will want that but that is what he is getting as I need to clear things out once again.

Today I am grateful for the sunshine and puddles of water that greeted me when I opened the drapes.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. Had a decent nights sleep for a change 5 hours! woo hoo. I have not slept that long at one time in years.

Teddi did better last night and gobbled down his breakfast but it was dinner time. He even went back a couple of times and licked his empty bowl. I waited for a while and then gave him more food that would have been his dinner. He scarfed it down and has been holding everything down.. No fireworks last night so I am hoping he is on the mend.

Not much planned on other than cooking and I am not even sure what that will be.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:09 am Good morning all.

To JanetAlliesmom; Rinty, LWolf, ChristmasTrees - I posted to board yesterday late but again I want to thank you for your support and hugs. Still reeling a bit from the weekend, but it will pass.

Forecast showing occasional rain till mid day and then partly cloudy. Although temps predicted in the 70s, there will be fairly high humidity today.

Now that summer has approached the senior activities have slowed a bit. My coloring group is still going to try to get together on Mondays, outside under the Pavilion at the center. Have to be sure to check my email as our group contact has yet to confirm the space will not be being used. Later in the week is my Breakfast Club. The hospital program decided to maintain the program through the summer months which is good for those of us who really don't have any other plans.

I do have to pay my car insurance today but other than that it will be a no spend day. Menu for tonight is chicken, potato and veggies.

Have a wonderful day.
Logic's I do feel sorry for what your family has and is putting you through. You have been good to your family and they show little caring and respect for what you have done for them. That is so sad.. At least you have tried to help them but some people are just beyond being helped and you have to let them go. Take care. ((hug))
Janet Alliesmama
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Antother warm sunny day!

I slept well even though i had to get up and take the pack out at 7am. I tried to go back to sleep but only managed to stay in bed until 9

I went walking last evening and i enjoyed it. Hadn't done that in months. Hope to keep it up. My knee is still a little achy but not too bad

Already have my mop water ready to go for todays chores.

Hope all have a great day.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good almost noon ...

Sunny and rather pleasant out there right now. Still no rain, though.

Janet, glad to hear Teddi is eating well!

Did pop over to the new dollar store ... nicely stocked, though perhaps a bit scattered. Got most of what I was looking for .

So, otherwise, ran dishwasher, have laundry going. Will see if I can get back to laying shelf paper. My projects get sidetracked occasionally ... well, more than occasionally.