Daily Check in July 10, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Daily Check in July 10, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning folks,

Well, my hip is a bit achy this morning. At let it is much better than last night. Maybe I'll take short walks today. The humidity is supposed to come back today. Yesterday, while quite warm (88 F), the humidity was low, so it was comfortable.

Today I am meeting my niece for lunch. She will bring her High School t-shirts. My Mom prompted her to get them to me. I need a project to work on and her t-Shirt quilt will be perfect.

Have a great day,
Maggie
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check in July 10, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

mbrudnic wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:41 am Good Morning folks,

Well, my hip is a bit achy this morning. At let it is much better than last night. Maybe I'll take short walks today. The humidity is supposed to come back today. Yesterday, while quite warm (88 F), the humidity was low, so it was comfortable.

Today I am meeting my niece for lunch. She will bring her High School t-shirts. My Mom prompted her to get them to me. I need a project to work on and her t-Shirt quilt will be perfect.

Have a great day,
Maggie
A t-shirt quilt sounds fun. Dsis made a few for her dh when they first married; he’d had a lot of t-shirts from his teens& early 20’s from Beatles, Eagles & Rolling Stones concerts he'd attended.
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Hello friends,

Outside temp is58*F, inside temp is 69*F. So I have my box fan turned to blow out the window, to suck air through house from open kitchen windows.
Today’s high to be 92*F, low humidity—high fire danger.☹️

My garden looks great, other than corn is growing slowly. I noticed that a lot of beans sprouted up during my absence; I wish that more corn had done so as well—I’m debating about planting more corn, if it would have enough time to grow & produce anything before fall freezes.

I’m glad to be home!! And to have ALL of my children home too!! Ds14 will need adjusting back to family routine for a few days, but no more worrying about if dsil#1 is being unkind to him.😉

I finally fell asleep about midnight last night... slept about 5 hours. Temptation was strong to try to sleep again, but I think I’ll work through morning then nap in early afternoon heat.

I need to set out last rainbird sprinkler for west side of house lawn, then get hose timers finally set up too, so lawn can be watered at 2-4am while temps are cooler and water pressure higher.

Sunrise in 20 mins but is light enough to distinguish weeds from plants, so time to change into gardening clothes, spray myself heavily with mosquito repellant, and get weeding.

I’m to go see my widowed friend this AM, too. I’ll ask her again about being “daycare” for my girls. I’ll do a veg-only grocery shop after I leave her house.

I need to contact other widow friend about when she wants me to come mow her lawn.

Dinner to be baked chicken with steamed green beans, and?? I may bake your Oat Bars again, but make then exactly as you posted the recipe.

Today I’m thankful that Monday's family reunion had little of the drama as previous years (Plus I got to see ALL the people I wanted to), and that my handmade auction items were well received.
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Good morning ...
Cloudy, but warming up quickly. Rain??

Thanks for all the good wishes for DH. Spent time on the phone with the insurance folks yesterday; DH spent more time on the phone with our agent. Have to call the claims folks back today.
As for the car, well, it's old. Repairs may well cost more than what it's worth. But we won't know till it's looked at.

Today, want to pick the first batch of green beans before it gets too hot. Also have a few other chores to take care of. Dinner will be the rest of the baked chicken with corn on the cob and any leftovers I find in the fridge :)
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I did wake up more than I would have liked last night but was able to fall asleep quickly so that does help.

I have a white wash in the dryer along with a dish towel wash in the washer.

Not much else is new I hope for a quiet day. I do have to mix up more foaming hand soap. I mix my own using Dawn and distilled water.

When I refilled my Keurig I noticed the bottom of the water container was cloudy. So I poured some white vinegar in the bottom agitated it was still cloudy so I repeated it and mixed it a bit more. When the bottom was clear I rinsed it well and refilled it. I cleaned my Keurig about a 6 weeks ago. So I was surprised I have never had this happen before.

Penny
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:48 am Hello friends,

Outside temp is58*F, inside temp is 69*F. So I have my box fan turned to blow out the window, to suck air through house from open kitchen windows.
Today’s high to be 92*F, low humidity—high fire danger.☹️

My garden looks great, other than corn is growing slowly. I noticed that a lot of beans sprouted up during my absence; I wish that more corn had done so as well—I’m debating about planting more corn, if it would have enough time to grow & produce anything before fall freezes.

I’m glad to be home!! And to have ALL of my children home too!! Ds14 will need adjusting back to family routine for a few days, but no more worrying about if dsil#1 is being unkind to him.😉

I finally fell asleep about midnight last night... slept about 5 hours. Temptation was strong to try to sleep again, but I think I’ll work through morning then nap in early afternoon heat.

I need to set out last rainbird sprinkler for west side of house lawn, then get hose timers finally set up too, so lawn can be watered at 2-4am while temps are cooler and water pressure higher.

Sunrise in 20 mins but is light enough to distinguish weeds from plants, so time to change into gardening clothes, spray myself heavily with mosquito repellant, and get weeding.

I’m to go see my widowed friend this AM, too. I’ll ask her again about being “daycare” for my girls. I’ll do a veg-only grocery shop after I leave her house.

I need to contact other widow friend about when she wants me to come mow her lawn.

Dinner to be baked chicken with steamed green beans, and?? I may bake your Oat Bars again, but make then exactly as you posted the recipe.

Today I’m thankful that Monday's family reunion had little of the drama as previous years (Plus I got to see ALL the people I wanted to), and that my handmade auction items were well received.
Glad it all went well for you. What handmade items did you bring? I kind of fell down in this regard and only brought one quilt. Oh well there is always the next one.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/