Daily check-in July 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Daily check-in July 13, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. It is actually the middle of the night. I have insomnia again so finally threw in the towel and decided to start my day.

I have been keeping busy cooking from scratch, Takes up a lot of time and cleanup even with a dishwasher and my aide doing some of the dishes.

Little Teddi seems to be better. I almost hate to say that since he seems to get worse right after I say it. I wrote an update the other day but it disappeared. He went to the vet for his rabies shot and when he came home he was sick and threw up. However he ate well today and was actually running up and down the driveway and out in the yard before we came in. It was very hot so we did not stay out long.

Wolf wishing you good luck finding a nice car.

Little Miss so happy to hear how well your son is doing.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
rinty

Re: Daily check-in July 13, 2019

Post by rinty »

Janet, look after yourself, Its nice you have little Teddi.

Killing time before taking DS to the cinema...........believe it or not we are going to see the original JAWS film :shock:

He has seen it about 100000000 times so no worries about it traumatizing him but I can think of better things to do.

DH is Processin' the Produce. As I hoped by ignoring the redcurrant situation he has today announced he is making redcurrant jelly. I did say I'd make |Raspberry and Redcurrant Cobbler if pushed ( but they really don't taste nice, so why waste the effort ?)

We also got gooseberries which ARE nice eating so happy to make something with those. He has also returned with French beans and the first of the 3 different onions.

Saw a MEME I have to share

" Turns out Buying Yarn and Crocheting Are Two Separate Hobbies " :D :D

You know its true, ( substitute any form or craft ;) )

When we get back I'll make those sweetie cones which I didn't get round to last week. There was A LOT to do re work that got done at home. Ditto this week. Its the last week of term so all us Underlings are off timetable doing all the jobs. Good times. I am wearing trainers as I know full well I'll be upa nd down ladders , running outside to dumpsters and heaving furniture around.

On the fun side its all the kids parties which are all lovely. I have looked for those cheap ice pops to give the kids in the afternoon as we melt in unseasonable Britsih weather but they seem to be sold out everywhere. I want the CHEAP ones .

Its also our staff party and lunch. LOVE the lunch, its a Munch and Mingle potluck so no taking lunch to work for days as we work through the leftovers ;)

This week SHOULD be No Spend in the final run up to finishing school. Yay. Already have days out planned , meeting up with friends etc.

I am a planner, I like to have it all on the calendar so you don't waste the days. First outing will be to St Fagans outdoor museum in Wales. LOVE it there, DH has never been. www.museum.wales/stfagans
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:09 am Janet, look after yourself, Its nice you have little Teddi.

Killing time before taking DS to the cinema...........believe it or not we are going to see the original JAWS film :shock:

He has seen it about 100000000 times so no worries about it traumatizing him but I can think of better things to do.

DH is Processin' the Produce. As I hoped by ignoring the redcurrant situation he has today announced he is making redcurrant jelly. I did say I'd make |Raspberry and Redcurrant Cobbler if pushed ( but they really don't taste nice, so why waste the effort ?)

We also got gooseberries which ARE nice eating so happy to make something with those. He has also returned with French beans and the first of the 3 different onions.

Saw a MEME I have to share

" Turns out Buying Yarn and Crocheting Are Two Separate Hobbies " :D :D

You know its true, ( substitute any form or craft ;) )

When we get back I'll make those sweetie cones which I didn't get round to last week. There was A LOT to do re work that got done at home. Ditto this week. Its the last week of term so all us Underlings are off timetable doing all the jobs. Good times. I am wearing trainers as I know full well I'll be upa nd down ladders , running outside to dumpsters and heaving furniture around.

On the fun side its all the kids parties which are all lovely. I have looked for those cheap ice pops to give the kids in the afternoon as we melt in unseasonable Britsih weather but they seem to be sold out everywhere. I want the CHEAP ones .

Its also our staff party and lunch. LOVE the lunch, its a Munch and Mingle potluck so no taking lunch to work for days as we work through the leftovers ;)

This week SHOULD be No Spend in the final run up to finishing school. Yay. Already have days out planned , meeting up with friends etc.

I am a planner, I like to have it all on the calendar so you don't waste the days. First outing will be to St Fagans outdoor museum in Wales. LOVE it there, DH has never been. www.museum.wales/stfagans
Love the looks of that museum Rinty.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sun is shining and even though we sat through a severe thunderstorm warning (a warning and not a watch) nothing happened. There is not a bit of wet on the ground, and not a clap of thunder was heard.

This means a quick walk for me this morning as the temperature is already warm and I want to pick a few items from the garden and herb beds today. I will be putting out the dehydrator and doing up more parsley as well as oregano. Then I am planning on picking some of the mint, well at least enough to make a few jars of mint jelly.

Since the rhubarb has not gone to seed as of yet I may see what I can salvage from our two plants, and perhaps some kale leaves can be snipped for a salad at supper today (even though I have decided on a clean out the fridge night...must make some rice).

Since we both got our eyes checked yesterday (dished out cash for that, but will be reimbursed for some of it once I send in the paperwork) and I ordered cheques I decided that perhaps I would sort out the laptop thing. I was near the store while at the bank, so slipped in and bought the one youngest DS said was the better of the two. It should be ready for pickup at some point today. This will give me some time to get it set up for office use, and to remove things from the all in one for the sewing room. May have to pick up a couple more thumb drives the next time I am shopping.

This day will be a no spend day. I am hoping for a frugal and no spend upcoming week. I almost think that this month could be worse than last month for our spending. I need to stop this runaway horse before I get carried away.

Frugally speaking the usual will be happening here. I will continue to use up what I can where I can, and rid myself of clutter. As I organize my sewing and knitting items I keep coming across half finished projects. These have been set aside and I plan on working my way through them one at a time. The first of these will be some embroidered tea towels. I get to see if all the transfers I inherited from Mom still work, if not I will see what I can draw out on them. I also have a baby quilt that I embroidered that should be finished ASAP. Just need to see if I have the proper fabric to make some slashing and the contrasting blocks. If not I will need to purchase some (once again adding to the mix of what I already have).

Walking for exercise, reading my library books, watching the android box for free TV, working with my flowers, and knitting squares (I do see an end in sight with this batch of squares) will be my fun projects for today.

As I said previously, supper will be a clean out the fridge night. Lots of stir fry left, and all I would need to do is make some rice. If I don't pick any kale, there is leftover salad in the fridge as well (though I just might have that for lunch).

Today I am grateful that I am slowly but surely getting my sewing/craft room ready for a change in décor, and that things are almost ready for another sewing marathon.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I woke up a couple of times during the night but I did sleep until almost 7 am.

I have a light blue dress, which I don’t think I really like. Why else would I spill something on it two wearings in a row. This morning I wore it for all of 10 minutes. I was going to do a dress wash this morning. So I started it and added the blue dress.

I read the measuring directions for the 2 different types of my detergent. I discovered that the large load measure on my old cup is the same as the small load on the new one. I may be able to use less as I do very small loads for my washer size. Because my dryer is sized for my old much smaller washer. Also the cap that came with it has markings that I can’t see because they put a printed label over it.

The last of my birthday balloons is almost on the floor. Yet one of Elizabeth’s birthday balloons is still up on the top of its string. I still have 2 of the Mother’s day balloons up, one is close to the floor but not there yet.

Since I did my shopping yesterday I will have a quiet day today.

Penny
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

Cannot believe i slept until 0845

The pack didn't even want to go out at their usual 7 am time. Well it is generally just one that starts whining. When he started up i figured it was 7ish. Nope! What a surprise.

But then i wanted to go walking at 9, but will try to be out there by 10. It is warm, but i think after weeks of living with no AC - i can do it!

Hope all have a great day