Daily check-in July 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
LogicsHere

Re: Daily check-in July 13, 2019

Post by LogicsHere »

Hello everyone.

Beautiful day here and am I enjoying it. I first went for my walk around 8:30, then when I got back drove up to the park where the boats are. I then came back, ate a late breakfast and then went back out to the park closer to me and just came in for lunch (it's about 12:30). The temperature is in the low 80s, no humidity with a light breeze. You couldn't ask for a more perfect day.

Both parks are on the water and the train tracks run right behind them. Every time I see one pass, I think of how much my mom loved watching them. I miss her so much.

Hallmark has had their Christmas in July shows on HMM and yesterday started them on HC. I adore Christmas all year long, but couldn't get excited about any of the shows they featured on HMM. I hope that Hallmark Channel has a better offering.

Well, I'm going to go and wash my lunch bowl.

Have a super day all.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Nice day here in southern Tennessee. We have had a lot of rain, which is cooling things off.

I got up early this morning to babysit my little single mom friend's boys while she had a housecleaning job. The baby was a little angel and his 4 year old brother, whose nickname is Captain Chaos, behaved himself nicely. I managed to get her dishes washed, the floor swept, the trash taken out and some laundry done while the baby napped. The job today was the first work she'd had in months and she was so happy.

I came home to three freshly washed dogs and my laundry finished, so that was very nice.

Last night, rather than to eat out, I made burgers at home and we had such a nice time eating together with DS, who often does not go out with us. It was very frugal, as ground beef for 4 delicious burgers was $4.51 from Save-a-Lot.
Mackie
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

MackerelCat wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:28 pm Nice day here in southern Tennessee. We have had a lot of rain, which is cooling things off.

I got up early this morning to babysit my little single mom friend's boys while she had a housecleaning job. The baby was a little angel and his 4 year old brother, whose nickname is Captain Chaos, behaved himself nicely. I managed to get her dishes washed, the floor swept, the trash taken out and some laundry done while the baby napped. The job today was the first work she'd had in months and she was so happy.

I came home to three freshly washed dogs and my laundry finished, so that was very nice.

Last night, rather than to eat out, I made burgers at home and we had such a nice time eating together with DS, who often does not go out with us. It was very frugal, as ground beef for 4 delicious burgers was $4.51 from Save-a-Lot.
Mackie you are such a blessing to your young mother friend..

Glad someone helped out at home and washed your pups. I cannot imagine doing three just doing Teddi once in a blue moon was enough to make me realize he needs to be seen by a professional..lol. Although I am blessed that he was already established at one of the best and cheapest groomers for miles around. They are so good they have not taken on any new clients in almost 2 years.

Enjoy the rest of your week-end.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

LogicsHere wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:08 pm Hello everyone.

Beautiful day here and am I enjoying it. I first went for my walk around 8:30, then when I got back drove up to the park where the boats are. I then came back, ate a late breakfast and then went back out to the park closer to me and just came in for lunch (it's about 12:30). The temperature is in the low 80s, no humidity with a light breeze. You couldn't ask for a more perfect day.

Both parks are on the water and the train tracks run right behind them. Every time I see one pass, I think of how much my mom loved watching them. I miss her so much.

Hallmark has had their Christmas in July shows on HMM and yesterday started them on HC. I adore Christmas all year long, but couldn't get excited about any of the shows they featured on HMM. I hope that Hallmark Channel has a better offering.

Well, I'm going to go and wash my lunch bowl.

Have a super day all.
Logic's sound like a lovely day. I am glad you were able to enjoy it as much as you have.
Janet Alliesmama
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:09 am Janet, look after yourself, Its nice you have little Teddi.

Killing time before taking DS to the cinema...........believe it or not we are going to see the original JAWS film :shock:

He has seen it about 100000000 times so no worries about it traumatizing him but I can think of better things to do.

DH is Processin' the Produce. As I hoped by ignoring the redcurrant situation he has today announced he is making redcurrant jelly. I did say I'd make |Raspberry and Redcurrant Cobbler if pushed ( but they really don't taste nice, so why waste the effort ?)

We also got gooseberries which ARE nice eating so happy to make something with those. He has also returned with French beans and the first of the 3 different onions.

Saw a MEME I have to share

" Turns out Buying Yarn and Crocheting Are Two Separate Hobbies " :D :D

You know its true, ( substitute any form or craft ;) )

When we get back I'll make those sweetie cones which I didn't get round to last week. There was A LOT to do re work that got done at home. Ditto this week. Its the last week of term so all us Underlings are off timetable doing all the jobs. Good times. I am wearing trainers as I know full well I'll be upa nd down ladders , running outside to dumpsters and heaving furniture around.

On the fun side its all the kids parties which are all lovely. I have looked for those cheap ice pops to give the kids in the afternoon as we melt in unseasonable Britsih weather but they seem to be sold out everywhere. I want the CHEAP ones .

Its also our staff party and lunch. LOVE the lunch, its a Munch and Mingle potluck so no taking lunch to work for days as we work through the leftovers ;)

This week SHOULD be No Spend in the final run up to finishing school. Yay. Already have days out planned , meeting up with friends etc.

I am a planner, I like to have it all on the calendar so you don't waste the days. First outing will be to St Fagans outdoor museum in Wales. LOVE it there, DH has never been. www.museum.wales/stfagans
Rinty Teddi is a sweetheart and I do enjoy having him despite the extra expense and work involved.When he jumps up in my lap and puts his head on my chest and looks adoringly in to my eyes it just melts my heart.

I had to laugh at your MEME but your are right. I never thought of it being two separate things. Same with buying crafts and fabrics..lol.
Janet Alliesmama
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

Well I lucked out and the overnight rain here ended by morning.

After breakfast at a diner the motel owner recommended, I drove to the Anne of Green Gables house in Cavendish about 45 minutes from where I’m staying. The house is run by Parks Canada so it is not overly commercialized. It was busy but not super crowded. The gardens near the house were fantastic with peonies and a lot of flowers I cannot name.

One interesting thing here on PEI is that it is very popular with Japanese tourists. I noticed it at the gift shop where I bought postcards yesterday and the motel owner mentioned that they read Anne of Green Gables in Japan and love it. Sure enough about one third of the visitors at the house when I was there were Japanese, mostly ladies of a certain age.

After the house I drove to PEI National Park not too far away on the northern coast. I loved it, so natural and unspoiled and with a lovely lighthouse. I had another lobster roll which was twice as big as the one I ate in NB.

I bought gas for the second time this trip. Here is the difference between Canada and the U.S. - at least my area. Neither gas station had pay at the pump but both said put in the gas and then come in to pay. In my area you must pay first because they are afraid people will fill their tank and drive away without paying.

Tomorrow is my last full day on my trip. I’ll go back to NB and my plans will depend on the weather. Thunderstorms are predicted for the afternoon.

Have a good evening.