July 15, 2019 Daily Check-in

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

July 15, 2019 Daily Check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good Morning! Time to get started on our days. ;)
gaylejackson2

Re: July 15, 2019 Daily Check-in

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Good Morning Frugal Friends,

I feel decidedly chipper despite poor sleep-between humidity, neighbors' braying mule or donkey (we've got some of each to the north AND south), and achy body.

Oh where has this month gone?! School starts up in one month, on August 14, and I have a Sub training on August 15; I actually have 4 new Substitute trainings over the next 4 months, but when they are all completed, I’ll get paid $10 more per day—so also an increase of payment on working 10+ days in a row.

I have made myself a lengthy list of chores to work on this week (and part of next week) but I did manage to tick off 2 items yesterday), along with my usual garden weeding. My 4 big things things this week will be:
**to clean camping trailer and camping menus,
**help girls clean their room (and Mom to sort through their clothes),
**clean Family Room, and sort through clothing totes stored in the corners (much to the dismay of ds16 who has the largest room in the house but refuses to store anything in it),
**Attack Mount Washmore.
Today I also plan to tame the paper monster, and I need to make appointments to see my OBGYN & get a mammo--too much strange pain, and I Really need to make 2 loaves of GF sandwish-bread (especially if ds14 goes with church friend to Lake Powell, he'll need food He can eat). I also need to take ds14 and ds11 out shopping; and to plan this week's menus.

I did make Oat Bars on Saturday as in original recipe (but have decided that I like pressing the dough out in larger pans to get more cookies for my hungry horde); we ate them for Sunday breakfast with eggs--one boy crumbled them in a bowl with milk like granola.

I shifted the lever on my ceiling fan, now I feel cooler air instead of warmer--I wish I'd done that last night as the house is 2-3 degrees Warmer than last night, though the overcast sky & humidity play into that too especially since I opened the windows before sundown.

Friday dinner, we had diced chicken w/ tumeric & garlic, roasted asparagus; Saturday dinner was meatloaf and steamed yellow&green zucchini; Sunday dinner was Roast chicken with quinoa, mashed potatoes, quinoa/coconutmilk gravy, steamed onions. Today may be Venison stew meat in slow cooker with ? and veggies.

Today I'm thankful for lots of meat choices in my freezer, and that I got a short nap yesterday.
Last edited by gaylejackson2 on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

Looks to be another bright and sunny day today. Wonder what happened to the rain we were supposed to get??? Perhaps it is still coming.

We now have air conditioning in the church, and I was sure that would mean our priest would speak even longer. Nope he was actually just over the hour for the entire Mass. Whew, cause even with the air conditioning but the end of Mass it was getting a bit sticky. All those bodies generating heat.

The start of another week and in looking at my list it is going to be a busy one. Lots to do, but I do see an end in sight for the cleaning, decluttering of the sewing/craft room. Well, that is, until I start sewing this week. Then I just might be back to doing another quick tidy before we move desks around.

Oldest DS should be back in Canada in a few days. He was touring around the Scandinavian countries and Northern Germany for the last two weeks. He plans on getting a few things done at home and then coming for a visit on the 22nd of this month. Probably will stay a week and then move on to stay with his good friends for a week.

Youngest DS and Hubby will be bonding over a football game on Saturday. Gives me the day to myself. I hope to get lots accomplished, maybe even all my sewing finished up.

Frugally speaking this will be a no spend day. I do have to pick up my laptop, but it is already paid for. I was going to pick it up on Saturday, but the store closes at 3 pm. I think it must be because they open up at 8 every weekday morning. I do hope it is set up by today.

Meals as usual will be made here at home, and today instead of heating up the house, the Instant Pot will come to the rescue. I was going to get Hubby to BBQ a roast, but cooking it in the pot will be faster. Heck I can even throw the potatoes and carrots in as well. Must get the meat out to thaw....

Clothes will be washed in the usual frugal manner and hung on the outside lines. Should take no time at all to dry today.

Since I will be going past the second hand store, I will drop off another box of donated items.

The rest of the day will be spent doing the usual household chores, labeling the jars of mint jelly, and possibly dehydrating a few more herbs (my parsley looks like a small bush). I also need to water the one plant box I have up front.

If I can get out to the garden and pick some rhubarb, I may just make a couple of pies tonight. Must get some baking ahead before the boys come home. That means cookies, pies, loaves and of course cake. Do I need that sweet stuff in the house? Probably not, and I do know I will eat it if available. I will just send the excess home with the DS's.

Already mentioned what supper will be tonight roast beef, roast potatoes, and roasted carrots. I might do up a salad as well.

Today I am grateful that I have everything I need and many of my wants as well.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We have a lovely cool morning. I have the windows and doors open.. Had a rough night and could not sleep due to whatever...Finally went to sleep around 3:00 AM and woke up at 6:30 AM bight eyed and bushy tailed.

I need to get dressed soon and go to the hardware store to look at samples for my new roof. The contractor is hoping to put the new roof on the end of the week but depends on the weather. It might be 100 F by the end of the week. I feel so sorry for the workers. I would not mind them putting it off until we have cooler days.

Have a good and frugal day..
Janet Alliesmama
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

by alliesmama4 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:08 am

Good morning. We have a lovely cool morning. I have the windows and doors open.. Had a rough night and could not sleep due to whatever...Finally went to sleep around 3:00 AM and woke up at 6:30 AM bight eyed and bushy tailed.

I need to get dressed soon and go to the hardware store to look at samples for my new roof. The contractor is hoping to put the new roof on the end of the week but depends on the weather. It might be 100 F by the end of the week. I feel so sorry for the workers. I would not mind them putting it off until we have cooler days.

Have a good and frugal day..
Janet Alliesmama
Your roof will last longer if your roof is replaced in the heat of the summer.

The heat helps the shingles bond together better.

Penny
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 am Good morning. We have a lovely cool morning. I have the windows and doors open.. Had a rough night and could not sleep due to whatever...Finally went to sleep around 3:00 AM and woke up at 6:30 AM bight eyed and bushy tailed.
Looks like we were on the same sleep schedule. Couldn't sleep for anything last night.

Anyway it appears that we're going to have a nice day with low humidity. Wish it would be the same tomorrow for the senior picnic, but it's supposed to be closer to 90 degrees. Low humidity still forecasted along with partly cloudy and a light breeze so hopefully we won't sweat as badly as we did last year. In any event, I bought a battery operated fan that should help circulate air underneath the pavillion if necessary.

Got my email from my coloring group saying that we can meet today so I probably will go. I enjoyed being with them last week as it was a day like today.

My friend Lois a few weeks ago said she would keep July 13 open for us but as I suspected it didn't happen. I'm giving up on any expectations of it developing into even a one time a month visit. It's OK, though. I've done a fairly decent job of filling up my time without her. I got along without her for almost a year now so even if I never talk to her again it's no big deal.

Well going to go for now. Have a wonderful day.