July 14th Daily Check n

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: July 14th Daily Check n

Post by clemencia2us »

Jackielou wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:37 pm Now that is hot!!!
it has cooled down to 97!

Kind of glad i had the AC fixed. I keep it at 79 and that is nice and cool.

The AC guy was telling us about customers that get upset because their units never stop running. But he says they want it 68 degrees inside and it is 105 outside. And they probably need a bigger unit.
rinty

Post by rinty »

frugalmom wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:15 pm Your salad sounds good-I heard about that halloumi cheese and it is gaining popularity bc I never heard of it before and now I hear about it all the time. I see they grill or heat it up and does it taste like cheese or subsititute for like bread or what? What is so good about it-does it taste like cheese?
It is very good ! It has a salty taste and has a kindof rubbery texture ( in a good way !)that makes it easy to slice and fry.

My salad recipe calls for 225grammes of Halloumi which you then slice in 5mm thick slices in little rectangles then you pat them dry on kitchen towel and fry for 1 to 2 mins each side til golden.

Usually we cut ours into chunks like British chips and fry them that way. Halloumi fries are very popular, my DGKs all love them and will snaffle them up anytime we make them. Always worth a go, give it a try.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

rinty wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:21 pm It is very good ! It has a salty taste and has a kindof rubbery texture ( in a good way !)that makes it easy to slice and fry.

My salad recipe calls for 225grammes of Halloumi which you then slice in 5mm thick slices in little rectangles then you pat them dry on kitchen towel and fry for 1 to 2 mins each side til golden.

Usually we cut ours into chunks like British chips and fry them that way. Halloumi fries are very popular, my DGKs all love them and will snaffle them up anytime we make them. Always worth a go, give it a try.
I just recently heard of halloumi cheese but we cannot get it at my local grocery stores. I will keep my eyes open since it getting more popular in recipes.. sounds really yummy. Love the idea of cutting i up like chips.. makes it low carb.
Janet Alliesmama
frugalmom

Post by frugalmom »

rinty wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:21 pm It is very good ! It has a salty taste and has a kindof rubbery texture ( in a good way !)that makes it easy to slice and fry.

That sounds like a good idea-I like that-making fries or chips out of it! Do you fry it in a little oil or deep fry it?
rinty

Post by rinty »

Just a little oil in a frying pan or griddle pan if you want it to look cuter with the griddle marks ;)