Daily check-in July 17, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Mrscreative

Re: Daily check-in July 17, 2019

Post by Mrscreative »

floridacatlover wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:06 pm Creative, I admire your dedication to all types of exercise. In Canada I was talking with someone about the winter and said I “know” someone who takes full advantage of winter with cross country skiing, curling and other winter sports. That’s you!

I know you probably won’t have much internet access on your cruise ship (from what I’ve heard from friends) but I hope you will tell us all about your trip when you return home. One thing I like to do and did on this trip is keep a journal. Sometimes I have to push myself to write in it. When I visited Europe for the first time after graduate school I pushed myself to write in my journal at least every other day. I still have that journal and it is one of my treasured possessions.
Thanks for your suggestion about keeping a journal. I know it would be something treasured to look back on. However, even with the best of intentions it can be hard to keep up with it, especially if you're really busy and tired at the end of the day.

You're right about the internet on the cruise ship. You can get it but only if you pay and pay dearly! That won't be something that I'll do. Instead we'll keep in touch with our dd's through WhatsApp or Messenger with free wifi from the onshore cafes. We'll have internet access with our hotels in Barcelona, Rome and London though so I'll do my best to keep in touch with you all. I feel that I've been failing miserably with that even being at home. But you go through cycles where you just can't help feeling that nothing you do is that interesting!

I can't seem to stop yawning today - even dh noticed and commented.

Creative
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

rinty wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:27 pm I agree with you FCL, its fun living vicariously through each other on the forum, hearing about our holidays , and even just our usual days !!!! Very much hoping to hear Creative travel tales after the cruise !

(((hugs))) to Maggie, you are sounding a little "flat" ? Hope thinsg pick up for you x

Trudging along at work, to the end of the week, "I think I can, I think I can........"

We're all irritable and overworked but we'll miss the kids and will meet up with our friends during the summer.

A child brought us in some LINDOR and we had eaten them ALL by lunchtime ( cos we are pigs )

Dinner here is fridge gleanings and fruit...........

DH still bringing back endless FREE food from the allotment, yum, yum.

Off to scrub, process the produce and pack some empty bags into the car......I have to bring home my " work-books" and also the Ton 'O Crafts that I daren't leave at school in case it is pillaged ;)

Kids doing well, Grandkids doing well, DH is over doing it, and I'll be glad when I am at home to police his working hours.
Aww Rinty - you've really touched my heart! I'll do my best to keep you all updated even though this has been something I have failed at miserably the past little while. It will be very special for me to visit the shop front of my great grandparents place in London. It would be even more amazing to visit the living quarters above where my grandmother and all her brothers and sisters lived before emigrating to Canada. Why they decided to uproot themselves from a seemingly comfortable living is a mystery nobody can answer! My great grandfather was a tailor and my grandmother had just started a career as a milliner before coming to Canada at age 19. I still recall the stories she told me of how sea sick she became on the passage over and how overdressed they were for the weather when they arrived in Montreal.

Even more amazing will be meeting dh's brother for the first time and with his reuniting with him after 50 years! It will be very hard to leave.

Creative
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Mrscreative wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:48 pm Aww Rinty - you've really touched my heart! I'll do my best to keep you all updated even though this has been something I have failed at miserably the past little while. It will be very special for me to visit the shop front of my great grandparents place in London. It would be even more amazing to visit the living quarters above where my grandmother and all her brothers and sisters lived before emigrating to Canada. Why they decided to uproot themselves from a seemingly comfortable living is a mystery nobody can answer! My great grandfather was a tailor and my grandmother had just started a career as a milliner before coming to Canada at age 19. I still recall the stories she told me of how sea sick she became on the passage over and how overdressed they were for the weather when they arrived in Montreal.

Even more amazing will be meeting dh's brother for the first time and with his reuniting with him after 50 years! It will be very hard to leave.

Creative
Creative it is exciting to go back to see your roots. I went back to the little village in Wales where my grandfather came from.. They had lived on a farm but no one knew where it was but still the village was so delightful to see and the people were so nice to us.

Not sure if this will help but my Mom said when she was sea sick her steward brought her some apples and he said they would settle her stomach and they did help even though she did not feel like eating. Enjoy your vacation.
Janet Alliesmama