Daily Check In August 5th

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check In August 5th

Post by ChristmasTrees »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:37 pm Hello friends,

I’m camped on my bed, littles are watching tv, and bigs are snacking or walking the puppies. After I post this, I’m getting my ice pack again.

Here’s how my day went:
I awoke at 4:30 am, gathered dh’s lunch& breakfast, sorted the woodstove-top paper monster, read (and dozed)in my book until 7:30-ish. I had a hard time staying awake today, sat on the recliner about 7:30-8am and promptly fell asleep until my alarms went off about 10am. I then noticed I’d missed a cal from dh, so checked my voicemail where I discovered 3 missed calls from Women’s Imaging center. I played phone tag a bit with them, but ended up with an appt for a follow up mammogram today at 1pm. Then I called dh who'd called to say he was going to be at the Ut/Co/Wy border all day—I shared my news too.
Fast forward, my July 25th mammo had found 2 small masses on my right breast, so more in-depth scans were done then an ultrasound. Then the radiologist came in to do more ultrasound scanning, AND... one spot was declared a cyst, the other is an unknown requiring a biopsy to remove tissue samples for testing. So... he had time today, and I did too, so biopsy was done right then, and I’m home with the local anesthesia now rapidly wearing off, and I only get otc meds, plus was told to ice it often (got a small round ice pack for in-bra), and rest for today & tomorrow, plus apply pressure (no showering until tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday). They are to call me by Thursday or Friday with results.

So in the meantime of this week, I have 3 new-student orientations to attend, dd6 to register for school tomorrow, ds14’s schedule change meeting on Wednesday, shuttling ds16 to work because he lost driving privileges, and?? Life.

Dinner will be whatever dh brings home—he offered, I accepted.

Today I’m thankful for technology, books, and yarn.
Gayle, thinking of you.
rinty

Post by rinty »

I’m camped on my bed, littles are watching tv, and bigs are snacking or walking the puppies. After I post this, I’m getting my ice pack again.

Here’s how my day went:
I awoke at 4:30 am, gathered dh’s lunch& breakfast, sorted the woodstove-top paper monster, read (and dozed)in my book until 7:30-ish. I had a hard time staying awake today, sat on the recliner about 7:30-8am and promptly fell asleep until my alarms went off about 10am. I then noticed I’d missed a cal from dh, so checked my voicemail where I discovered 3 missed calls from Women’s Imaging center. I played phone tag a bit with them, but ended up with an appt for a follow up mammogram today at 1pm. Then I called dh who'd called to say he was going to be at the Ut/Co/Wy border all day—I shared my news too.
Fast forward, my July 25th mammo had found 2 small masses on my right breast, so more in-depth scans were done then an ultrasound. Then the radiologist came in to do more ultrasound scanning, AND... one spot was declared a cyst, the other is an unknown requiring a biopsy to remove tissue samples for testing. So... he had time today, and I did too, so biopsy was done right then, and I’m home with the local anesthesia now rapidly wearing off, and I only get otc meds, plus was told to ice it often (got a small round ice pack for in-bra), and rest for today & tomorrow, plus apply pressure (no showering until tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday). They are to call me by Thursday or Friday with results.

So in the meantime of this week, I have 3 new-student orientations to attend, dd6 to register for school tomorrow, ds14’s schedule change meeting on Wednesday, shuttling ds16 to work because he lost driving privileges, and?? Life.

Oh Gayle, I am so sorry you have the worry of this biopsy as well as everything else in your life.

I know you accept your " life " because its so busy and there isn't time to think about creative ways to change it but it just isn't healthy to live at the level of exhaustion that you do.

DS16 gets the car to go to work. Don't remove any priviledges that cost you more than it costs him.
DH has won an expensive rifle ? Cool, sell it immediately and apply it to your school debt that was stressing you out a little while ago.

And for heavens sake stop doing DH laundry after that recent " why haven't you put away my laundry ?" moment.

Gayle, I'm a divorcee, and my eldest sona nd two daughters have both separated from their childrens other parents. We are all fine, in fact, we are all HAPPY as are all the children affected. Read into this what you will.
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Here’s how my day went:

Hang in there Gayle, I have had several of those Biopsies. It is nerve-wracking waiting on the results.
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Here’s how my day went:

Gayle, I am keeping you in my thoughts. You really don't need the added stress.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Here’s how my day went:

Gayle, you are in my prayers.

I agree with Rinty. Slow down. Let some things go. Buy gluten-free products instead of making them - even if they cost more and are not as tasty. Get your kids to do more to help you. It will help them to be successful adults if they start taking more responsibility now. Ask for help from your church. (((Hugs)))
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

alliesmama4 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:19 pm Gayle keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome.. Glad your DH is helping out by bringing dinner home..((hug)).
Thank you Janet.