Do you use up your whole pencil?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
2dogs+someCats

Do you use up your whole pencil?

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

How short do you let your pencil get before you stop using it to write with? What do you do with it when you're done writing with it?

Just curious - I'm working on using up a pencil until it's too short to hold onto anymore -just to see if I can do it.

I have a goal to not purchase anymore pens or pencils for my whole life - I will use the free ones that come in the mail, that are given away at events, the bank, etc. Again - just to see if I can.
clemencia2us

Re: Do you use up your whole pencil?

Post by clemencia2us »

You can do it!

I hardly ever use a pencil

And i am astonished at how many pencils are required on today's school supply list. Totals to more that a pencil a week. I'm going to look for the exact number.

It is crazy.
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

48 pencils to start the year!
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

clemencia2us wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:08 pm 48 pencils to start the year!
That is just crazy!! WOW!
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I solved the pencil problem by using a mechanical pencil. I discovered them when I was in elementary school. My current pencil is at least 30 years old.

I also use an eraser stick that is refillable.

Penny
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I rarely use wooden pencils anymore, but I keep a few cheap ones for students that think I should be their pencil source.
I prefer to use mechanical pencils, and while others have been wonderful, I’m sticking with the springy colors set I bought last fall—I ran out of erasers on the my fave one 2x last school year.
As for pens, I, too, use free ones from dentist office, bank, or that come in the mail as promotions—these last are very nice ones that last awhile.