What is the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

What is the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?

Post by gaylejackson2 »

I was chuckling to myself over dh’s previous gifts of a labeler, and personal waxing kit, then I saw ds16’s nail clippings on the floor and had a flashback memory. When I was 7 and oldest dsis was 21, she sent me her Nail Clippings!! :lol: :lol: :lol: To this dayI still cannot figure out why???
—-
What is the weirdest or silliest gift you've ever received?
icfrugal1

Re: What is the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?

Post by icfrugal1 »

Not weird, but it took me years, (until I was in my 40's) to realize that my sister was re-gifting to me, (and everyone else)

I thought that because she was giving me things, bday, christmas that there was thought into the gifts and that they were things that I needed~~~~~~~~~~~~NOT LOL

My niece her daughter really regifts, she wait until she gets the first gift and goes from there. The first person has to wait until she gets a gift to give to them.

One time she re-gifted tot he person that gave it to her, the person said "I gave this to you, and my niece said then you must like it" LOL

IC
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

For 4 years in a row our car had needed new tires in May, and my late husband told me that he gave me tires for Mother's Day. Fourth year, I paid him back. I gave him a brand new sewing machine for Father's day.

I never did get tires for Mother's day. He also gave me a treadmill one year. I tried it had a panic attack.I have refused to use any treadmill since then.

Penny
2dogs+someCats

Post by 2dogs+someCats »

A roll of paper towels in a "goodie box" from my parents for my birthday. They figured that paper towels aren't something I will purchase (true) so they would gift me with the convenience of having a roll. Nice thought.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

Not me, but I thought it was interesting: DH's grandfather (he'd be 99 now if he hadn't died at 96), around 20 years ago, gave my BIL four cans of tuna at the family gift exchange.

Rolled in a brown grocery bag.

I miss him. He was so practical :lol:

BIL was a little weirded out, but I'm sure in GFIL's (grandfather in law) mind 4 cans of food was a great gift. Something useful and tasty.

That was the year DH learned never to give me a kitchen appliance or tool for a holiday or birthday. He's well trained now ;)
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:48 pm For 4 years in a row our car had needed new tires in May, and my late husband told me that he gave me tires for Mother's Day. Fourth year, I paid him back. I gave him a brand new sewing machine for Father's day.

I never did get tires for Mother's day. He also gave me a treadmill one year. I tried it had a panic attack.I have refused to use any treadmill since then.

Penny
Penny love your giving your DH a sewing machine for Father's Day.
Janet Alliesmama