Is anyone here seeing grocery shortages in their stores?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Is anyone here seeing grocery shortages in their stores?

Post by clemencia2us »

We have someone selling some type of veggie or fruit almost daily around here

Right now watermelons are the main product. There is a truck with a large trailer parked either at the DQ or our festival grounds daily

Our monthly farmers market is also going on this morning.

And for some reason lots of people are getting into the chicken and egg raising thing

If you want fresh eggs, all you have to do is post a request on FB and you will get some.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I am sad to see so many of you seem so anxious. It is very unhealthy. My religious, scared neighbor is a democrat. My non religious scared neighbor is a republican. So both sides are scared. In September, I hear that Hollywood is going to release a movie called the Hunt supposedly showing wealthy elites hunting down and killing "deplorables". I think given how nervous both sides, in fact, everyone seems to be, it is a bad idea to release such a movie at this time. It is not a new storyline, but it is a bad time to do such a project.

I agree with Sandy though, it is not a good time to express your political preference. But then it is not a good time to express your religious preference either.In fact, there is no tolerance on either side, or on any side, it seems. However, acts of random kindness still bring hope and can relieve the sense of isolation so many seem to feel right now. Just my opinion, of course.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Sandy,
It is ugly for me here surrounded by orange lovers, to give an example...alternative energy sources. We had the chance for a wind farm, I received some signs in favor of ...I have them at the front of my property. The brother went and found some against the proposal and installed them in front of mine.
I had him remove them from MY property and he put them on the property lines between us.

Mine are constantly disappearing or are vandalized, his never are. I have also been cleaning up soiled diapers, beer cans and all manner of things thrown on my property. Most thrown against the signs.
I cannot have any political signs on my property because there is law that if I have a "Pete" sign they have the right to stick all manner of Frump signs on my property.
I just stay quiet and hope this will all go away.
JCKitty
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

jckitty wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:12 am Sandy,
It is ugly for me here surrounded by orange lovers, to give an example...alternative energy sources. We had the chance for a wind farm, I received some signs in favor of ...I have them at the front of my property. The brother went and found some against the proposal and installed them in front of mine.
I had him remove them from MY property and he put them on the property lines between us.

Mine are constantly disappearing or are vandalized, his never are. I have also been cleaning up soiled diapers, beer cans and all manner of things thrown on my property. Most thrown against the signs.
I cannot have any political signs on my property because there is law that if I have a "Pete" sign they have the right to stick all manner of Frump signs on my property.
I just stay quiet and hope this will all go away.
JCKitty
I am fearful of putting any political signs in the yard or on my car.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with you Floridacat. I don't do signs either. Scary times. Hateful times.
Sandy

Post by Sandy »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:04 am I am sad to see so many of you seem so anxious. It is very unhealthy. My religious, scared neighbor is a democrat. My non religious scared neighbor is a republican. So both sides are scared. In September, I hear that Hollywood is going to release a movie called the Hunt supposedly showing wealthy elites hunting down and killing "deplorables". I think given how nervous both sides, in fact, everyone seems to be, it is a bad idea to release such a movie at this time. It is not a new storyline, but it is a bad time to do such a project.

I agree with Sandy though, it is not a good time to express your political preference. But then it is not a good time to express your religious preference either.In fact, there is no tolerance on either side, or on any side, it seems. However, acts of random kindness still bring hope and can relieve the sense of isolation so many seem to feel right now. Just my opinion, of course.
I read this morning that release of "The Hunt" has been put on hold in light of the two recent mass shootings. Whatever the reason for the hold, such a movie has a pretty poor plot.