What is the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: What is the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?

Post by gaylejackson2 »

SandiSAHM wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:10 pm
Not me, but I thought it was interesting: DH's grandfather (he'd be 99 now if he hadn't died at 96), around 20 years ago, gave my BIL four cans of tuna at the family gift exchange.

Rolled in a brown grocery bag.

I miss him. He was so practical :lol:

BIL was a little weirded out, but I'm sure in GFIL's (grandfather in law) mind 4 cans of food was a great gift. Something useful and tasty.

That was the year DH learned never to give me a kitchen appliance or tool for a holiday or birthday. He's well trained now ;)
This story reminds me of hearing about some people who’d that requested on their wedding invitation for food gifts, along with stating their wedding gift registry—I was single then & thought it crazy, but nowadays I think more young kids Should do that. However, while I’m not brave enough to bring a case of veg or soup, I do put 1-2 cake mixes in a baking pan along with handmade hot-pads & dishcloths and a cake spatula in place of a bow.

alliesmama4

Re: What is the weirdest gift you’ve ever received?

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:56 am
This story reminds me of hearing about some people who’d that requested on their wedding invitation for food gifts, along with stating their wedding gift registry—I was single then & thought it crazy, but nowadays I think more young kids Should do that. However, while I’m not brave enough to bring a case of veg or soup, I do put 1-2 cake mixes in a baking pan along with handmade hot-pads & dishcloths and a cake spatula in place of a bow.
When a friend of mine was getting married back in the late 1960's they a had a pound party for her.. We were suppose to bring a pound of something to her wedding shower. It made sense due to when you are starting up a new household it takes a lot to get just the basics going.
Janet Alliesmama