Daily check in August 12, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
randamax

Re: Daily check in August 12, 2019

Post by randamax »

Jackielou wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 am DG, why do you take every chance you can to dig at Affordable Health Care. I have a few friends in your country that swear by it.
And honestly, there are some here who swear at it as well. As with most things, I'm sure it has it's good and bad points.
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Good morning all,

I read one of my library books before bed last night and was able to sleep okay, reading helps me wind down. Altho I did have some weird "pizza" dreams LOL

It rained some very early this AM. I am glad because we really need some rain, the weather dude is saying more today. possibly storms.... hope not storms,

I have my days list made, need to make a trip to the Emmaus with donations but I don't want to take it in the rain, the guys that unload will get soaked and I don't want to do that to them. I just appreciate the help and the fact that they do such good work with the donations, they help newly arrived people set up their homes and help a lot of people who just need a step up.

Today would have been my parents 69th wedding anniversary, they are together again in heaven for their celebration. IF they were still here I know they would be requesting liver and onions!
Off to get started.

Jackie, off topic but have you ever tried to make lime sweet pickles? they are very easy, quick to make and taste wonderful...very crisp.

JCKitty
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

jckitty wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:05 am Good morning all,

Jackie, off topic but have you ever tried to make lime sweet pickles? they are very easy, quick to make and taste wonderful...very crisp.

JCKitty
No, I haven't tried to make them. Please share your recipe.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

I tried to go for my walk this morning, but had to cut it in half (or more in fact) as it started to rain. I am now sitting and drying off as well as having my for breakfast. Guess I will be starting my chores a bit earlier than planned.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I slept semi ok.

The thought of lounging in bed and just relaxing all day was tempting.

Thank goodness i forced myself to get up and go for my walk. Only three miles, but i feel so much better. A little worn out and sweaty, but in a good way. Tomorrow will try to make it five miles

I'm going to relax for an hour or so. Water the side lawn. I've decided to go ahead and see if it comes back to life. Today is laundry day. Will do that after lunch. I finished the library book i purchased for a dollar. It was really good. I would only read it while doing laundry. Thank goodness i got a vanity fair magazine in the mail. Will read that. Don't want to be on my phone.

Have a great day.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. I did a lot yesterday. Had not planned on it due to it being Sunday but we were expecting rain and I wanted to take things from the garage to the basement by way of driving my car. I made 5 runs.. mostly due to the items being bulky. I did it off and on starting in the afternoon until early evening. Glad I did since we had storms during the night. Big heavy rain drops. Depending on where you live we got between 6. to 7.5 inches of rain. I only have a few things left that need to go down to the basement but glad to get as much clutter as possible out of the garage as I did. I still need to load up the recyclables that I brought up from the basement and my usual household recyclables. The heat index is suppose to go up to ( 110 F)( 43. C). The rain is starting again. We are already in flash flood mode here so not sure what will happen with the flood water if we get more rain.

I was so tired yesterday that I fell asleep every time I stretched out to rest. Early evening I took a muscle relaxer due to tremors and it usually knocks me for a loop. Teddi, being the little sweetie that he is, just slept with me, however around 10:00 PM he woke me up barking in my face. He had to go out and it was an emergency...lol. I thought I will never get to sleep tonight due to sleeping so much. Not a problem. I went to bed and slept until 9:00 AM. Just woke up for a little bit during the worst of the storm due to Teddi shaking so hard. He was so afraid. I petted him for 10 to 15 min and kept telling him it was ok and after a while he curled up in a little ball and went to sleep. I woke up with a sever headache most likely due to a combination of sleeping too much and a sinus problem. Took some aspirin and drinking coffee and things are vastly improve.

I will just be puttering around the house today and maybe do some salad prepping. I love salads but a pain to chop all of those things up. Going to use some canning jars like Little Miss has mentioned and put salads in them for a few days for easy eating.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama