Daily check in August 13, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Daily check in August 13, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Am wide awake at just past 1am.

This is what I get for trying to sleep without any sleep aids.😐 Will be seeing if melatonin knocks me out after all, but in the meantime, I’m going to run my phone until it’s battery dies.

One more day before school starts, then no more days of sleeping in until 8am. However all children will be in school full time, so napping Can happen, plus the remote Will Be Mine for hours. :lol: Oh I know, so unlikely!
Jackielou

Re: Daily check in August 13, 2019

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

The sky is still cloudy today and it looks like more rain will be heading our way at some point today. I will try to get my short walk in at least before the skies open up once again. Over the last couple of days we have managed to 2 1/8" which will help green things up once again.

It is chilly as well, so as I am refusing to turn off the air conditioning and turn on the heating at this stage of the year, I am wrapped in a shawl while typing. Believe you me a hot cup of coffee tastes wonderful right about now. As I was doing dishes last night I looked out the window at the large poplars at the end of the street. Even more branches have leaves turning colour. I really am not at all ready for summer to end and an early autumn arrive.

Frugally speaking I will be doing some extra cleaning, and I think I may bake some muffins, coffee cake, and even some gingersnaps at some point today. It is going to stay fairly cool which means even baking won't increase the heat in the house too much.

I also plan on starting some sewing projects. Two of which will be part of our DSs gifts at Christmas. Perhaps between baking and sewing I won't miss the fact that I have finished the Heartbeat series. I need to find another shortly.

Meals will be made here at home with what is on hand, there are items packaged in the fridge freezer that need using up. I seem to collect bags of extra meat, small containers of gravy and such. Today I begin to use them up once again. Clear it out as much as possible.

I will be going over the stock up list and seeing if I need to add anything. I know there are a couple of prices that I want to check out before purchasing, but I really should add those things to the list so I remember to check out the prices and purchase if they are a better deal.

I need to seriously do a bit more decluttering in a few of rooms of the house. Today I pick one and go to it. I have however removed 377 items from the house as of yesterday (including Hubby's help clearing out one of his sheds...he has a whole empty shelf now).

Bringing you all up on my no spend days. Including today I will have had 10 no spend day. Marching right along here. This week there will be a couple of spend days, but I think I am on track to reach my goal of 20.

A shorter to do list today, which makes me happy. I did not really finish my laundry yesterday as clothes are still drying on the lines downstairs. I should be able to bring them up shortly and throw a load of rags into the washer. I think I just might change the bedding today as well. Not really frugal as I can't hang things outside, but I will be finished a bit quicker I suppose.

Supper tonight will see me pull a bag of frozen leftover roast beef from the fridge freezer, add some onion, those mushrooms in the crisper and some of the beef gravy from the same freezer and I will have an on toast meal (probably leftovers as well.

Today I am grateful for the support of friends and family when things get crazy.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I was awake for about an hour and a half during the night. I was able to go back to bed and sleep another 45 minutes or so.

I put a load of dish towels into the washer this morning. I just have the one load today. I have gathered and put out my trash and garbage.

The body of the Tiny Sock Monkey is done. Now I need to knit his tail, arms and legs and do his face. He is for my grandson’s birthday next month.

I need to get the Yoshi I knit for my granddaughter and grandson-in-law ready to mail.

Penny
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

good morning all,

Did NOT sleep well, don't know why but I do know I had a very emotional day yesterday, tears flowing and I just could not stop. Better so far today.

We got some heavy sounding rain very early this morning, hoping it greens things up and settles the dust.

I need to make a trip to the Emmaus but so far not finding the mo-jo to do so. I also found a box of papers and junk in the garage that I want to go thru, from all appearances it is stuff from deceased brothers stuff.

I have a pile of mail that needs to go to the executor of the estate, will contact him for pick up today. I am sure a lot of it is junk but also some bills from dads hospital visit.

Sausage grillers, slaw ,salad and chips for supper tonight, last night was fish and chips. slowly getting the bits and pieces from the freezers.

Off to find my mo-jo and get going,
Have a good day all.
JCKitty
clemencia2us

Post by clemencia2us »

I slept oaky. I know i got up in the middle of the night or very early morning because one of the dogs was outside and barking.

I got a text at 7;30 wondering if i was going to go walking. Glad i did, because it is so easy to just lounge in bed. Funny, but the texter decided not to go. Oh well. She isn't going to fit in her wedding dress in a few motnhs - :lol:

I did five miles. It wasn't as warm today as yesterday. I did work up a sweat but not too bad. I take a bottle of water that is mixed with powdered Pedialyte.

Not going to do much today. Will shower later and wash my hair. Have a thing i have to attend this evening. So will just relax

I do have one task that i want to finish this week. Clearing out my veggie beds. Not a good crop at all this year. Oh well. Maybe next year will be better.

Have a great day
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning. We had wave after wave of storms late last night and were under a tornado watch until 3:00 AM. Teddi did so much better with the storms during the night. Feel sorry for the people in some of the surrounding towns. One got 9 inches of rain in a few hours yesterday morning and they had 4 ft of water going down the main streets. Businesses, houses and the high school all flooded. The only good thing is the storms during the night have brought in cooler weather.

I have my third load of laundry going. My aide hung the dish towels on drying racks and is folding the bath towels. I still like to do the sorting and spot cleaning so I get things started before she gets here.

Not much going on here other than the usual puttering around and cooking.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama