Daily check in Aug 14, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily check in Aug 14, 2019

Post by ChristmasTrees »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 pm I saw the nurse practitioner at my Drs this morning. I mentioned that my right ear had started bothering me. I explained that I don’t have normal feeling in my ears because of surgery.

I have fluid in my right ear, with the beginning of an infection. He wrote a Rx for an antibiotic. I asked the front desk staff to cancel my ride home and took a Taxi to H-E-B to pick up the Rx plus some yogurt.

When I got home I fixed a quick dinner and then took a nap.

Penny
Penny...hope you feel better soon. Ear infections are awful.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Janet, sending hugs to you and Teddi. (((HUGS))) Penny, I hope your ear feels better soon. Maggie, I too am interested in your essential oil. The arthritis in my knee is really bothering me.

My sweet little single mom friend lost her job yesterday because she was late to work. She had been really struggling with getting both her children to different daycares and getting there on time. It really was not possible. I told her she and I would do another morning of bombarding Indeed with applications on Friday.

Today I forgot part of my lunch at home and toughed out being halfway hungry all day instead of ordering something delivered to the office. Lose weight, save $15! :)
Mackie
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Update:

Maggie, add me to the list of those wanting to know about the oils you used. Hoping they would help with the sciatica pains I get.

I made a pretty good pot of cheeseburger macaroni...made too much of course but it will keep.
I have been carrying a headache today, I really think it could be allergies, ragweed is really bad right now.

Mackie, I feel for your little friend...hope she finds something that truly suits her.

I got the paperwork taken care of for the electric company this AM....I had myself all worked up over something that was so easy and took no time at all. I made a stop at BigLots while in town, they have all of their Fall Décor out...oh be still my heart! I didn't buy anything but I did get some ideas. I have 4 huge totes of Fall décor ad that is not counting the wreathes...I need nothing. But I do love looking.

Off to catch up and see what is going on.

JCKitty
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

itspennyc wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:16 pm I saw the nurse practitioner at my Drs this morning. I mentioned that my right ear had started bothering me. I explained that I don’t have normal feeling in my ears because of surgery.

I have fluid in my right ear, with the beginning of an infection. He wrote a Rx for an antibiotic. I asked the front desk staff to cancel my ride home and took a Taxi to H-E-B to pick up the Rx plus some yogurt.

When I got home I fixed a quick dinner and then took a nap.

Penny
Penny hope you feel better soon. Glad you were able to nip it in the bud..
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 pm Wow Maggie...what oil blend did you use?
PanAway from Young Living. My former MIL is into YL big time. She would buy packages of various blends and give us ones she did not use. Ex liked the PanAway.

I can't help but wonder if I was doing something (tensing, laying funny) that aggravated the issue at night. I have only been slightly sore today.
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hi all -
Follow up with eye doctor today. Don't have to see him for 3 months and then will be released if all ok. No need for glasses - yahoo.

Penny & Janet - hope you both feel better soon. Maggie I was interested in the oil as well until I just went out and priced it. 0.17 oz is $47.70. I know nothing about essential oils - is this the usual price? It works out to about $275 per oz. I have some on my long term shopping list to learn about & purchase for making some cleaning products - but no way I would pay that kind of price. Do you all buy essential oils and what do they cost? I have never priced them or used them at all. I could use some recommendations unless they are all this expensive - then I won't be buying any.

Totally unfrugal day here. Hubs loves the 9.99 steak special on Wednesdays at Texas Roadhouse - so we went there since it is right by the doctors. But I am setting a goal of that being the last time we eat out in the month of August. Even lazy old me can surely cook for 17 straight days.

Have spent the rest of the afternoon evening sorting laundry and going through the sale ads. Will do grocery shopping tomorrow while hubs is out golfing. Got to work on my stock up some more.

We have been infested with fruit flies from the tomatoes coming in from hubs harvest- at least I think that is where they were coming from. So last night I got on you tube and made a trap - just glass with 1 inch deep of apple cider vinegar to which you add 1 tsp of dish detergent. Cover with plastic wrap, and punch holes around the edge with a pencil. I didn't believe it was going to work - but they are pretty much gone today and my plastic glasses are full of dead fruit flies. So if anyone has this problem - I can vouch for this solution.

Off to get some more laundry going. Have a great rest of the day all!