Daily Check-in August 18, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
alliesmama4

Re: Daily Check-in August 18, 2019

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 pm Hi Everyone,

Home safe and sound once more and I will catch everyone up on what all has happened to me in the past 2 weeks when I get a chance. You want say my life isn't exciting to say the least.

Looks like everyone is doing great. Rinty my heart goes out to you.
Little Miss good to see you are home safe and sound..you were missed.
Janet Alliesmama
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

Rinty, the cheddar with apple and chili sounds fabulous! The distribution of your garden bounty is making me laugh, as I remember my dad loading up paper grocery bags of tomatoes, peppers and yellow crookneck squash to leave on doorsteps early in the mornings.

I have been puttering productively today. Slept late, which I needed, and then washed a bunch if fruit and vegetables to keep in the fridge for DH. Did prep work on breakfast for me for the workweek, made a couple of salads for lunch, and cooked up some sausage to freeze and have ready for quick meals. Mixed up a couple of jugs of juice from frozen concentrate, did some laundry and some dog chores.

Doggies need a bath, but I have been having spells of extreme fatigue caused by medication, so that will be put off. They think they smell fine!

A "they can be taught" moment: Yesterday DH and I went to the hardware store to buy a big package of batteries. It was $14.99, and he used a reward card and coupons to knock the final price down to $3.95. I bowed and said, "The student has surpassed the master." :-D
Mackie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Garden picked and processing is beginning. I have the brine cooking for some more dills and may try something else to use up all the cucumbers that seem to be coming in.

Beans are soaking so they will be easier to clean and I should be able to get them blanched, cooled and into freezer bags before I start with supper prep.

Still thinking that perhaps I should shred those two rather large zucchini. I hate waste and it seems as if most people have an abundance of this veggie once again this year.

Banana peppers, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes and the ripe strawberries are also picked.

Rinty thanks for your input on Brexit. Very much appreciated.

Sorry that DS is not in a good place. Hopefully something will be done to correct this very soon. Sending you virtual hugs.

So today will be day number 14 of no spending, and 4 days of allowable spending.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hello All -
Janet we should have got on the computer and chatted. I was up all night as well. My problem is temporary though as the steroid eye drops are disruptive to my sleep. I hyper react to steroids and recognize the symptoms of what is going on. I have temporarily increased my anxiety meds to cope. I have 3 more weeks on them - so I will hope with this greatly reduced dose in my eyes I will not have a manic episode.

Not much going on here today. Broke our cooking at home goal - but for a good reason. I didn't realize the State Fair was ending and we always have state fair food at least one time. So dinner tonight is corndogs, Tom Thumb donuts and bacon on a stick from the pork producers tent. Horrible I know- but so tasty. We seldom have fried foods, so this is a once per year indulgence.

We just by accident came across a house that we are going to go see. It is a ranch style and honestly the two story thing is becoming harder all the time. I don't see too many houses that meet my particular tastes. I don't like new houses because I don't like open concept and modern decor and the ones that are older usually have more work needed that we feel capable of doing at this point in our lives. Plus most things I like are beyond my budget - champagne tastes and a beer pocket book my mama used to say. But this one hits all of the marks - so we will see what goes on. It is in town - but a beautiful 1960s neighborhood without drive through streets & with big trees and different from the Mc Mansions subdivisions that are the usual around here. Should something happen to hubs (God forbid) I would be in town and could have grocery or food delivery should I need it, could afford to have the smaller yard mowed, etc. So lots of considerations - convenience being one of the biggest. I would be 1 mile from the grocery store instead of 15 miles.

Well - corndogs are here and as much as I love chatting with you my cyber friends, I DO have my priorities straight. Have a great evening!

CG

Edited to add - Rinty - umm boy Marmite. I will be there right after I finish my liver, boiled okra and cookies flavored with nuclear waste. ; )
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:49 pm Hello All -
Janet we should have got on the computer and chatted. I was up all night as well. My problem is temporary though as the steroid eye drops are disruptive to my sleep. I hyper react to steroids and recognize the symptoms of what is going on. I have temporarily increased my anxiety meds to cope. I have 3 more weeks on them - so I will hope with this greatly reduced dose in my eyes I will not have a manic episode.

Not much going on here today. Broke our cooking at home goal - but for a good reason. I didn't realize the State Fair was ending and we always have state fair food at least one time. So dinner tonight is corndogs, Tom Thumb donuts and bacon on a stick from the pork producers tent. Horrible I know- but so tasty. We seldom have fried foods, so this is a once per year indulgence.

We just by accident came across a house that we are going to go see. It is a ranch style and honestly the two story thing is becoming harder all the time. I don't see too many houses that meet my particular tastes. I don't like new houses because I don't like open concept and modern decor and the ones that are older usually have more work needed that we feel capable of doing at this point in our lives. Plus most things I like are beyond my budget - champagne tastes and a beer pocket book my mama used to say. But this one hits all of the marks - so we will see what goes on. It is in town - but a beautiful 1960s neighborhood without drive through streets & with big trees and different from the Mc Mansions subdivisions that are the usual around here. Should something happen to hubs (God forbid) I would be in town and could have grocery or food delivery should I need it, could afford to have the smaller yard mowed, etc. So lots of considerations - convenience being one of the biggest. I would be 1 mile from the grocery store instead of 15 miles.

Well - corndogs are here and as much as I love chatting with you my cyber friends, I DO have my priorities straight. Have a great evening!

CG

Edited to add - Rinty - umm boy Marmite. I will be there right after I finish my liver, boiled okra and cookies flavored with nuclear waste. ; )
Lynn too bad we are not connected on the computer then again I was not on the computer last night. Try to stay off of it after a while due to insomnia expert says to avoid due to something..lol.

Gosh I wonder if you just gave me an idea about steroids I was not aware of. Due to sinus problems have been using more steroid nose spray around bed time. I wonder if that could be a cause for some of my insomnia? I will leave it off for a couple of nights and see what happens.

I hope the house is everything you need and want.. As we get older we do need to think about how things will need to change. You are wise to consider making a move. I always wanted an upstairs bedroom but with all of my medical problems it was never a practical idea however with my house being built on a hill with a walkout basement my bedroom appears to be an upstairs bedroom. Good luck.
Janet Alliesmama
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Today is my step-Mom's birthday, yesterday was DS#2's 15th birthday-soon he'll take his learner permit test and we'll have another driver in the family. We sang to him tonight & ate GF cake & ice cream.

Friday afternoon, DS16 drove the girls & I to my 2nd dbro's daughter's wedding reception. WE stayed that night with my good friend, then returned home midday on Saturday.

After we got home yesterday, I checked my garden for ripe produce, found several more zucchinis, then looked for beans. Oh WOW!! Monday or Tuesday I'd picked 10, yesterday I picked a giant double handful-about a pound I'm guessing.

Dh made GF chicken enchiladas after church, which was a "Special Stake Conference" with the Presiding BIshop speaking to us today. I took a nap while Dh made dinner... most days my energy has waned by 11am.

I changed the title of my post "My Biopsy Results" by adding "& Updates" to it, and added information about the next step for me, which happens next Tuesday.

I'm off to bed in a few minutes. G'night all.