Gayle's Cancer Updates

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
icfrugal1

Re: My Biopsy Results & Updates

Post by icfrugal1 »

Thinking of you !! Sadly, it is one step at a time, but you are on the road.

Will someone drive with you?

iC
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Prayers Gayle!
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I want to add my thoughts and prayers to all the others. Prayers for you and a prayer that your family will be as supportive as you need at this time. You have been the strength of your family. I hope they will be the strength for you in your time of need. Treatments are very advanced now. It is a curable cancer. Belief in a good outcome is important. You are not alone.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:21 pm I finally got a call from Huntsman Cancer Institute last Friday afternoon to schedule an appointment. However, it is an appointment to get a biopsy of my lymph nodes so they can use that info to know what treatment options to offer me. So I will go out Tuesday morning for an afternoon appointment--we live about 3-1/2 hours drive from HCI.

I realize it it just one more step in the process, but the worry is wearing on me. :(
Gayle, with cancer it IS one step at a time. And it DOES get very wearing.
You just keep taking those steps and before you know it.....there you are...at the end of the tunnel...and on your way again.
You CAN do this. You are brave, strong, determined, and you have great faith.
We are all thinking of you....sending prayers...and cheering you on.
You CAN do this.
Huge hugs,
Trees
gaylejackson2

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Many thanks to all of you for your prayers and encouraging words!! ((BigHugs)) to everyone!! 💕💛💕 You’re such steadying influences for me!

Yes, to whomever asked above, hubby is driving me out to SLC tomorrow. We’re taking his old ‘95 Thunderbird and pretending we're going on a date.

I need to remember to take pillows and a blanket with me, plus painkillers and possibly an ice chest with our gel ice pack, and my knitting bag.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

gaylejackson2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:51 am Many thanks to all of you for your prayers and encouraging words!! ((BigHugs)) to everyone!! 💕💛💕 You’re such steadying influences for me!

Yes, to whomever asked above, hubby is driving me out to SLC tomorrow. We’re taking his old ‘95 Thunderbird and pretending we're going on a date.

I need to remember to take pillows and a blanket with me, plus painkillers and possibly an ice chest with our gel ice pack, and my knitting bag.
Gayle good luck. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Great idea to make it a "date." You both need fun days. ((hug)).
Janet Alliesmama