Daily Check In August 21st

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
rinty

Daily Check In August 21st

Post by rinty »

Morning !

Placemarking .
rinty

Re: Daily Check In August 21st

Post by rinty »

Hey Guys,

CG, your prep thread reminds me of all the BREXIT stuff we read here on a thrice daily basis :shock: Its been incessant since 2016.........

DH seems okayish. No sky high fever. This morning I parked him in the recliner and fed him scrambled eggs followed by toast with lime marmalade and orange juice. My cunning plan was to fill him up so I could suggest he goes and lies down again with a good book. The smelly old hound will follow him up there ( he likes NUTHIN@ better than for us to be stationary and never leave the house ) Old pets, eh ?

DS is encouraging this by settling down here with a boxed set of cartoons..........on loud.

I have really enjoyed this school holiday, we've got away, we've had the Days Out visiting places I've been hoping to visit, St Fagans, Dyrham Park, Cotswolds, etc etc. Read a gazillion books, cross stitched. Actually gone out and met up with people I kept thinking we'd meet up with.........also tackled the STUFF I've been " meaning to do ". Its been very, very, nice. And still 2 weeks to go !!!! :D

I scheduled DS visit so I would still have a weeks break when I had taken him back ( just to be real) The beach was exhausting but the right thing to do. Here at home, its exhausting in different ways......the cleaning in incessant for one thing, as is his sleeping habits, and general behaviours. Love him to bits. Especially right now when he is SittingDown peacefully ;)

The To DO list beckons. Decided to make a big dish of Roast Veggies in my constant " Ways to serve the Glut " cooking approach. Will make a big batch of cous cous to mix up with them. Done raspberries in jelly AND a trifle so we are awash with dessert options. Ferreted in the veggie collection for the small parsnips, will make up a batch of Parsnip and Apple soup ( my absolute favourite soup ever, to die for )

DS is going out later with his sister AMEN thank you DD. Had DH been well I would have suggested we go see the Quentin Tarantino film with Brad Pitt and Leo as our friends recommended it but I think its best I leave him be. I'll DEEP CLEAN bathrooms instead ;)

Jackie, the study group sounds wonderful. Have you a set curriculum or topic ? I genuinely do like scripture study and even better in a group.

Anyway, a LOW SPEND summer in reality. I feel smug.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

Good morning Rinty and everyone. Rinty so glad you have enjoyed your holiday. I do not know how you accomplish all that you do. You are amazing.

Not much going on here except for not sleeping. Been up since 2:00 AM but did fall asleep a lot yesterday so I guess it will balance out over time.

Not much planned since we are in rain and storm mode for the rest of the week. I am working on doing some freezer prep work for winter. I bought 6 bell peppers the other day some were red and some were yellow as well as the green ones. I prepared them yesterday by cutting them up in to strips or dice. I want to do about 6 more and then will be able to get through the winter months when they are so expensive.

Have a good and frugal day everyone.
Janet Alliesmama
mbrudnic

Post by mbrudnic »

Good Morning,

So the meeting with the CIO of North America went well. He is working on making a culture change. I like what I am hearing from him. The company has grown acquisition by acquisition, is full of approval-heavy processes and middle managers who do not adhere to the company processes.

My phone interview went as well as it could. The position is quite technical, but I can handle it. I don't know what the hiring manager thought. I just can wait and see if I make the next step.

DS2 called me to say he was doing much better. Classes started yesterday and he is excited about on in particular. He was pleased with his audition. I am glad i could talk him through his friendship drama. I tried to convey sympathy, that he was not the only one who experienced this sort of thing as I touched on similar experiences I have had (including incidents with his Dad) and encouraged him to move on. He thanked me.

Have a good day,
Maggie
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

rinty wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:34 am Hey Guys,

CG, your prep thread reminds me of all the BREXIT stuff we read here on a thrice daily basis :shock: Its been incessant since 2016.........

DH seems okayish. No sky high fever. This morning I parked him in the recliner and fed him scrambled eggs followed by toast with lime marmalade and orange juice. My cunning plan was to fill him up so I could suggest he goes and lies down again with a good book. The smelly old hound will follow him up there ( he likes NUTHIN@ better than for us to be stationary and never leave the house ) Old pets, eh ?

DS is encouraging this by settling down here with a boxed set of cartoons..........on loud.

I have really enjoyed this school holiday, we've got away, we've had the Days Out visiting places I've been hoping to visit, St Fagans, Dyrham Park, Cotswolds, etc etc. Read a gazillion books, cross stitched. Actually gone out and met up with people I kept thinking we'd meet up with.........also tackled the STUFF I've been " meaning to do ". Its been very, very, nice. And still 2 weeks to go !!!! :D

I scheduled DS visit so I would still have a weeks break when I had taken him back ( just to be real) The beach was exhausting but the right thing to do. Here at home, its exhausting in different ways......the cleaning in incessant for one thing, as is his sleeping habits, and general behaviours. Love him to bits. Especially right now when he is SittingDown peacefully ;)

The To DO list beckons. Decided to make a big dish of Roast Veggies in my constant " Ways to serve the Glut " cooking approach. Will make a big batch of cous cous to mix up with them. Done raspberries in jelly AND a trifle so we are awash with dessert options. Ferreted in the veggie collection for the small parsnips, will make up a batch of Parsnip and Apple soup ( my absolute favourite soup ever, to die for )

DS is going out later with his sister AMEN thank you DD. Had DH been well I would have suggested we go see the Quentin Tarantino film with Brad Pitt and Leo as our friends recommended it but I think its best I leave him be. I'll DEEP CLEAN bathrooms instead ;)

Jackie, the study group sounds wonderful. Have you a set curriculum or topic ? I genuinely do like scripture study and even better in a group.

Anyway, a LOW SPEND summer in reality. I feel smug.
The study will be based on the Lecto divino method of praying. I got an early look at the study guide. I also have a link to the area it is online so can get started on it a bit earlier.

This method uses scripture to pray..... something I have always done for the last 15 or so years.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning fellow frugalites,

For someone who wanted to be up and at'em early today I failed miserably. Think it could just be the fact I stayed up too late last night.

I am ready for my day to begin now, and I am hopeful of getting more completed than yesterday, or some days last week. Firstly though is coffee and my daily visit with all of you.

This should be another no spend day. Even though we are going to the bank and switching a few things around, money will not be spent. Rather it will be moved to a safer investment or reinvested in the same investment set up.

Then it will be home to continue the garden processing and food storage plans. This time of year is always busy in that regard.

I do have a bit of list making to do. Yes perishables are going to be on the list as well as dairy. I refuse for the most part bringing items like milk home from Costco. It is a two hour trip, and I don't have enough coolers or room to bring those kind of items home. But this stock up trip will enable me to buy less for a month or two (even three or four in some cases) causing the grocery bill to plummet.

This posted before I was finished, I must have hit a certain key combination. I really am finding it difficult to type on a laptop without making a mistake of some kind.

I also have a few items to drop off at the Salvation Army thrift store, though I am seriously thinking that this group of items could go to Second Chance instead. I might see what I can add to the pile today though and take it while running my errands tomorrow.

Pulling out frozen chili for supper tonight. I will probably bring up some bread from the freezer to make toast to go with (Hubby's favourite thing to have with chili).

Today I am grateful for the times of quiet and solitude that I manage to get in a day. I really enjoy those special times.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/