Jodi

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
floridacatlover

Re: Jodi

Post by floridacatlover »

ohjodi wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:01 pm Yes, I want to see that RBG movie. She's a hero!

I can't even imagine what it was like to be financially or socially tethered to a husband like that. I recently learned that in Germany, it wasn't until 1978 that a woman could have a job without her HUSBAND'S PERMISSION. What!?

When I look at old recipe books, usually the women are "Mr.s Fred Jones". It's too bad that they didn't use their own names.

I've been looking into my genealogy at familysearch.org, and sometimes even there, there is little record of some women with their own name.
In the film, it was 1970 when RBG first heard about and began researching the case. That seems not so long ago. Now I want to see the RBG documentary, too. I never really knew much about her except the more recent things in the news. She was one of only a handful of women in her Harvard Law class. After law school, no law firms would give her a job so she taught law at Rutgers.