Daily Check In Sept. 5, 2015

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
Jackielou

Daily Check In Sept. 5, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

Good morning everyone

Just starting us off as I need coffee pretty much immediately. Back in a moment or two.

Jackie
Jackie
http://inthelandofthelivingskiesii.blogspot.ca/
Jackielou

Re: Daily Check In Sept. 5, 2015

Post by Jackielou »

I Good morning fellow frugalites

We had quite the thunderstorm in the early morning hours. Good thing I woke up as the rain was coming in one of our open front windows. Closed it and hopefully can open it wide again shortly.

I did get one batch of cookies done yesterday but I am hoping to get another batch (peanut butter this time) made this morning. This afternoon (or closer to supper) I am going to get started on the freezer eggplant meals, plus making one for our supper.

I might make a run to the Farmer's Market this morning, but then again there is really nothing that I need.

I will be using things up around the house. Lots of yarn getting used the past little while. I am hoping to have enough to start posting on line again soon. Then while we are gone I decided that would be a great time to work on Christmas gifts. After all Christmas is only 3 months away and I definitely need to get started.

I will be heading out for my walk shortly. I am hoping to get a few blocks in before I need to make it indoors for the next rainfall. I do know that both Hubby and youngest DS are going to be disappointed if they can't get out and do a bit of fishing either today or tomorrow.

Hopefully today will be another day without air conditioning, saving cash this month in little ways (but enjoyable cause no air conditioning means autumn).

Because of the rain I won't have to water as many plants today. Just those under the eaves will need it. I will be using rain water from the rain barrel to do so. Free water vs city water that I need pay for, free water always wins.

Supper tonight will be the eggplant made into parmagana (I know that is spelled wrong).

Today I am grateful for the break we are getting in weather.

Everybody have a great day. Take care.
Jackie
LWolfT

Post by LWolfT »

Morning ....

Waiting for the plumber. Kept hearing noises in the kitchen last night ... realized it was water ... pretty sure we have a leak inside the wall :shock: Not looking forward to the bill ... or the drywall repairs. (On the good side ... if bad things come in 3s ... I think we're finished.)
Grannysewstoys

Post by Grannysewstoys »

I went and did my shopping this morning. I had a dizzy spell when I was at the check-out. I held on to the cart for dear life. I am OK now just very washed out. That is normal for me.

While I was at H-E-B they had the Centennial 2 cup Pyrex 2 cup glass measuring cups 50% off with an in store coupon. I paid $2.97 each. I bought 3. I hate the current design of the standard ones. These are much easier to read.

My daughter’s Pyrex 2 cups measures are on a chart, mine have a design where it is difficult to see where the line you want is. Because the markings for one line the left the next line is on the right.

I will have to call AtT&T again about my internet & TV. I wish I could change but in my building you don’t have a choice.

Last night the TV went out in the middle of a program. I get the message to check my HDMI cable, but without touching the cable I can get it to reset without doing anything to the cable.

I just checked my e-mail, now connection Dr tells me I am connected. It just doesn’t make sense. It is not my e-mail, it is not my HDMI cables it is them. But I am not sure how to convince them. Plus I just don’t feel up to dealing with them today so it will wait.

Penny
dlrcpa

Post by dlrcpa »

Hi, just finished a 4.5 hours stint on my feet at the garden and then processing garden produce in the kitchen. Time to sit down! More yellow squash and cherry tomatoes picked and more on the way! Those are some very industrious plants. I am substituting squash in some recipes that call for corn. Have a cucumber for my lunch.

Finished sewing a nightgown last night, one more piece of fabric used up. I have a wool skirt cut out but maybe I will start on the guest bed dust ruffle instead before I change my mind about it.

I should water in the yard since we did not get real rain last night. Shrubs are thirsty I'm sure. (Cloudy this morning but the sun is coming out now.) Then I will shower and dress up since we are invited to dinner at DH friends' house tonight.

Hope your weekend is going great!
Jackielou

Post by Jackielou »

Update

Cake is iced, peanut butter cookies baked. I am lucky I got my walk in this morning. It has been pouring rain for the last 30 or 40 minutes. It is actually the perfect day to snuggle in, do some baking, reading or working on projects. The knitting and project working will have to wait until I can pry DS off my chair. :P

I am thinking ginger cookies sound pretty good.

Off to tidy the kitchen, do up some dishes and get started baking. See you all later.
Jackie