Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
gaylejackson2

Re: Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

Post by gaylejackson2 »

Dgflorida wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:06 am Thinking of you Gayle. Be gentile to yourself. You are more important than any chore.
Yes very true. ((Hugs)) to you.
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with you Jackielou. I think it will be a worldwide recession as well. How deep or significant is uncertain. Timing is absolutely impossible to judge. An anticipated hard Brexit will definitely shake the EU. Several in the financial sector are saying the European slowdown is becoming significant. Whether it makes it to this side of the ocean is uncertain. Asia may not participate. China and Russia look pretty strong.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you all for your kind words about my illness and I really appreciate the prayers. My daughter is coming over today to help me with some cleaning chores and we're going to do some bulk cooking. On the days that I have dialysis I don't feel like cooking when I get home so we're going to fix meals that I can pop in the microwave on those occasions. I'm anemic and they gave me a shot of iron on Wednesday, first dose has to be in arm. I don't know why, didn't ask, but other doses will now now be put into the machine.

I woke this morning to my grass being cut and I am very pleased with my yardman's work. He does an excellent job and my yard looks great. My son-in-law would come and cut the area's that I couldn't get, but never on the days that I cut the yard, so it was never finished at one time. This is much better and for $80.00 about every 8 days I am not feeling the sting at all. I am so glad that I finally found someone dependable. He even cut my shrubs today for $40.00 so I am a happy camper. He drove by the other day to see if yard needed cutting and I had a big limb in my front yard. He got out of his truck and removed it for me. Didn't charge me anything. I saw it and then it just disappeared. At first I thought I was dreaming, but he told me today that he took care of it. I thought my son-in-law might have come by on his way to work, couldn't think of anyone else who would do that for me.

Well, I am off to see what I can get accomplished today. Again, thanks to you all and hope everyone has a good day.
LogicsHere

Post by LogicsHere »

Take it easy LittleMiss. Sending out my best wishes.

Good morning Frugals. Beautiful fall-like day here today. Woke up to sun and 59 degrees with below 50% humidity at around 7A. Here is it almost noon at 71 degrees. I ended up closing one of my windows, keep getting goosebumps.

Was going to go up to the river, but I think it's a bit too chilly especially since there's a breeze right now. I might take a trip to the cemetery instead to visit my parents.

I've been trying to figure out how to send photos from my Samsung phone. I can do almost anything I want to do with my computer, but give me a cellphone and I'm cell phone challenged.

Had a special flyover by British and American air forces the other day. Tried to take a video but the glare was so bad I couldn't see a thing and when I went to look at what i did get, I got a still shot and no video. Tried "sharing" the images out of my gallery and after about 1/2 hour decided to give up. A little while later I managed to send an image but don't ask me how . . . LOL

I will be finishing the last piece of chicken parm I made the other day. It came out pretty good considering I made it in my air fryer. Have also put together my one grocery store shopping list that I will do on Thursday. Will have to go to ShopRite also this week.

Oh well, guess I"ll be going. Going to tinker around with my phone a bit more. I want to buy a storage card and it's a good thing I decided to read the manual because I might have bought one that was too large for the phone. I want to have added storage for when I go to Florida later this year. I will also need to find someone who can help me insert/install the card. Always something.

Well, have a nice day everyone.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:56 am Good Morning Everyone,

Thank you all for your kind words about my illness and I really appreciate the prayers. My daughter is coming over today to help me with some cleaning chores and we're going to do some bulk cooking. On the days that I have dialysis I don't feel like cooking when I get home so we're going to fix meals that I can pop in the microwave on those occasions. I'm anemic and they gave me a shot of iron on Wednesday, first dose has to be in arm. I don't know why, didn't ask, but other doses will now now be put into the machine.

I woke this morning to my grass being cut and I am very pleased with my yardman's work. He does an excellent job and my yard looks great. My son-in-law would come and cut the area's that I couldn't get, but never on the days that I cut the yard, so it was never finished at one time. This is much better and for $80.00 about every 8 days I am not feeling the sting at all. I am so glad that I finally found someone dependable. He even cut my shrubs today for $40.00 so I am a happy camper. He drove by the other day to see if yard needed cutting and I had a big limb in my front yard. He got out of his truck and removed it for me. Didn't charge me anything. I saw it and then it just disappeared. At first I thought I was dreaming, but he told me today that he took care of it. I thought my son-in-law might have come by on his way to work, couldn't think of anyone else who would do that for me.

Well, I am off to see what I can get accomplished today. Again, thanks to you all and hope everyone has a good day.
LittleMiss, I’m glad that you’ve found such a good yardman. By my standards that is fairly expensive but it is worth it to make your life easier. (Do as I say, not as I do. I’m stubborn and still cutting mom’s yard.)

A few years ago when mom was alive I went to a caregiver’s workshop. One thing they said struck me. People save for a rainy day but at a certain point you have to say “It’s raining!” Use your money to make your life easier.

Great that your DD will help you prepare bulk meals. You once mentioned that you would not qualify for Meals on Wheels but in my county anyone over age 60 can get the meals if they need them. In mom’s case there was a waiting list so we did “private pay” of $6.25/day so she could get them right away. (Meals were not terrific, in my opinion, but I thought I’d mention it as an option if you ever need it. Maybe check just to see the rules in your area.) I also looked into Schwan’s food delivery that Clem has mentioned. I never started it up but that is another idea.

We are here for you.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

Well....never got to kayak yesterday. I have a crown on a tooth that also has a post. The post broke! My dentist gave me an emergency appt. Now half the post is still in my jaw. He did a temporary fix. UGH.....teeth.
Gayle and Little Miss..thinking of you both.
Beautiful cool weather here today. I will get out and plant some sale perennials I bought.