Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
clemencia2us

Re: Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

Post by clemencia2us »

well got one chore accomplished

Getting rid of about 8 pairs of sneakers. Some i never wear. Just taking up space in my small closet. And then i'm going to have to start using a bigger size, so these will go

Going to pass them on to my friend that has a stall at a flea market. Its amazing how much she can get for them. She gives me a small percentage.
MackerelCat

Post by MackerelCat »

DH and I went out for a late lunch today at an Asian restaurant, saving $8 off the same dishes during the dinner hour, and took a stroll through the Habitat ReStore on the way home. They had lots of project materials and a fair amount of new things like doorknobs and rugs still in the packaging.

Other than that and grocery shopping, I am being lazy today. We won't heed to cook supper after that nice lunch.
Mackie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:50 pm Yes - LittleMiss - do what you have to do to make your life run smoothly

I like Schwan's but there are other meal groups you can join - the ones that get mailed to you.

Will you drive yourself to dialysis?
Yes, I have been driving myself ever since I got back home. I only live 10 minutes from the Dialysis Center and there is very little traffic on the streets going there, so that is a plus. Have had my 3rd treatment. My daughter just left and she made me enough meals for next week. If I need to do something else I will. Just praying that my third dose of iron is going to do the trick on Monday for my anemia. Other than being tired, I feel great.
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

clemencia2us wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:35 pm well got one chore accomplished

Getting rid of about 8 pairs of sneakers. Some i never wear. Just taking up space in my small closet. And then i'm going to have to start using a bigger size, so these will go

Going to pass them on to my friend that has a stall at a flea market. Its amazing how much she can get for them. She gives me a small percentage.
As soon as I feel up to it I'm going to clean out some closets of unworn clothes. They have a room at the Dialysis Center where you can take things like clothing, shoes and etc. People are so up and down in their weight that this gives them the option of not having to buy new clothes all the time. I think it's a great idea. One of the gentlemen there lost his wife a few months back and he brought some beautiful things of her's there to share.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:30 pm Well....never got to kayak yesterday. I have a crown on a tooth that also has a post. The post broke! My dentist gave me an emergency appt. Now half the post is still in my jaw. He did a temporary fix. UGH.....teeth.
Gayle and Little Miss..thinking of you both.
Beautiful cool weather here today. I will get out and plant some sale perennials I bought.
Ouch! I’m glad that you were able to get the emergency appointment. Good luck with the permanent fix.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

littlemiss63 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:19 pm As soon as I feel up to it I'm going to clean out some closets of unworn clothes. They have a room at the Dialysis Center where you can take things like clothing, shoes and etc. People are so up and down in their weight that this gives them the option of not having to buy new clothes all the time. I think it's a great idea. One of the gentlemen there lost his wife a few months back and he brought some beautiful things of her's there to share.

Libby that is such a nice thing to do.

I bet you are glad you had your laundry moved to your inside closet area? It makes it so much nicer for you to keep up with your laundry and less physical strain I am sure
Janet Alliesmama