Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
ChristmasTrees

Re: Daily Check-in August 24, 2019

Post by ChristmasTrees »

alliesmama4 wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:26 pm Bummer on the tooth problem. When that happened to me the dentist told me he could not do any more repairs and the crown would not work.. Hope you have better luck.
Bummer indeed! I don't know what my dentist will do with this. Going through chemo some years back took a real hit on my teeth. It can really dry your mouth out. When I was done, I had a mouthful of gumline cavaties.
Those fillings come close to the roots...so a lot of problems.
ChristmasTrees

Post by ChristmasTrees »

floridacatlover wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:54 pm Ouch! I’m glad that you were able to get the emergency appointment. Good luck with the permanent fix.
Thanks. I am hopeful.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

ChristmasTrees wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:06 pm Bummer indeed! I don't know what my dentist will do with this. Going through chemo some years back took a real hit on my teeth. It can really dry your mouth out. When I was done, I had a mouthful of gumline cavaties.
Those fillings come close to the roots...so a lot of problems.
Good luck. Hope you can get it repaired..
Janet Alliesmama
colonialgirl

Post by colonialgirl »

Hello all,
Coming to you on a new laptop. My iPad and laptop shot craps within a month of each other. Got on the phone with Apple yesterday to set up an appointment to bring them in and they are now considered obsolete and no longer will be worked on at the Apple store. They told me I could find an independent computer store and see if they could help me. Well hubs & I discussed it and thought why would we put repair costs into an obsolete computer - so I went and got a new Mac Air notebook. It was on sale for $250.00 off at Best Buy which was a relief over the Apple store cost. We also thought that with the upcoming new tariffs on computers, Apple prices are going to go up, so best to buy now.

So I have spent the evening setting it up and that means having to look up passwords and re enter them all. I know - 1st world problems. I just hate futzing with computers.

LM - I cannot tell you how very sorry I am to hear of your kidney problems. Hubs and I went for a consult on that 3 months ago. They showed us a system that was portable and you could us it at night while you sleep. Don't know if you were given that option, but it would not hurt to ask. At any rate, my prayers are with you.

Sending good wishes to all with health problems. Ain't aging great?? Well I have absolutely no other news - I swear I am the most boring person alive.

Have a good frugal day tomorrow frugal friends!
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:02 am Hello all,
Coming to you on a new laptop. My iPad and laptop shot craps within a month of each other. Got on the phone with Apple yesterday to set up an appointment to bring them in and they are now considered obsolete and no longer will be worked on at the Apple store. They told me I could find an independent computer store and see if they could help me. Well hubs & I discussed it and thought why would we put repair costs into an obsolete computer - so I went and got a new Mac Air notebook. It was on sale for $250.00 off at Best Buy which was a relief over the Apple store cost. We also thought that with the upcoming new tariffs on computers, Apple prices are going to go up, so best to buy now.

So I have spent the evening setting it up and that means having to look up passwords and re enter them all. I know - 1st world problems. I just hate futzing with computers.

LM - I cannot tell you how very sorry I am to hear of your kidney problems. Hubs and I went for a consult on that 3 months ago. They showed us a system that was portable and you could us it at night while you sleep. Don't know if you were given that option, but it would not hurt to ask. At any rate, my prayers are with you.

Sending good wishes to all with health problems. Ain't aging great?? Well I have absolutely no other news - I swear I am the most boring person alive.

Have a good frugal day tomorrow frugal friends!
Congrats on your new computer. What would we do without them? I love mine for so many things and best of all for all of the wonderful friends I have found here..
No you are not boring.. You are funny and interesting and we really, really, really need to meet when the Fall weather arrives.I can come to meet your in your area or we can meet halfway in Litchfield.

Did I miss something? I have not seen anything about the house you were going to look at on Thursday.
Janet Alliesmama
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

colonialgirl wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:02 am

CG, this all happened so fast until they had to put a port in but I knew the system for doing at home was available. I may consider it a later date, but right now I want someone else doing it. It's only 12 hours a week and actually it's not been to bad so far. I can visit with the patient in the next chair to me, read, or watch TV. With your little pup do you think your hubs will be able to do at home? They told me absolutely no pets, unless you wanted to take a chance on infection.

Mr B's son-in-law tried it at home, they have a pet and he kept an infection so he switched to the dialysis center instead. He is the only one that I know of that has done the in-home dialysis. Thank you for your kind words, I need all the prayers right now that I can get. Trying to wrap my mind around this, but I'm going to get there.