Daily check-in August 25, 2019

This is the front porch of our forum. Pull up a chair, and talk about whatever's on your mind.
mbrudnic

Re: Daily check-in August 25, 2019

Post by mbrudnic »

Hello everyone,

I sure have gotten out of the habit of posting daily. I had to go back and catch up.

Libby - prayers for you.
Gayle, My girlfriend went through breast cancer treatment last year. She was stage 1, a calcified milk duct. I pray your experience and outcome is similar to hers. I am glad your DH is doing what he is.
Rinty - bless you and your family.
Everyone else, take care.

I have been to Mass and once I am done here I will go stop by Mom and Dad's, drop off a coupon for Mom and see if they have any grape tomatoes to give away.

My credit card turned over, so I will go look for a pair of brown shoes. I have boot, but need something more transitional. I will look for Danskos.

Yesterday I went to the local Home Buys store. (it sell overstocks) and got a curtain rod and blackout curtains for my bedroom. I wanted it darker than the shutter blind make it. I found a product called Curtain Clip that attaches to the top bracket of the blinds and allows for the curtain rod supports to slip into, so no drilling into the apartment walls.

Have a great day,
Maggie
littlemiss63

Post by littlemiss63 »

itspennyc wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:53 am I woke up a bit too early. I have been busy since I got up I have stripped my bed, The sheets are in the washer.

I am only doing one wash load today.

I have made good progress getting ready for the carpet cleaning. I still have a few things to move off the floor. The rest I will do tomorrow morning: dining room chairs, the laptop table under my table, and the footstools.

Penny
Penny, you would think that with seniors they would move those things off the floor for you. I hire someone to do mine, so thank goodness the Carpet Cleaning Guys move everything. Chairs, dressers, couches, and tables. They don't move some of the stuff everytime. I have mine cleaned every 6 months.
floridacatlover

Post by floridacatlover »

Hello all.

I have been busy decluttering this morning and did some yesterday, too. Clem, following your lead from yesterday I decluttered some black sneakers that I never wear. They are size 5 and now I really need 5 1/2 to feel comfortable. This morning I let go some like-new slippers I had picked up at a rummage sale and now see I have another pair exactly the same. Also this morning decluttered necklaces, a scarf, shoelaces, battery-powered sweater depiller (I have another one) and fabric I know I’ll never use. Yesterday I let go a pair of taper candleholders that look like roses and another candle holder. Go me! I want to let go another candleholder with a large pink pillar candle (unused or barely used) but what to do with the candle? Where can candles be donated?

I have not heard from the pharmacy that my Rx is ready but it should be today. If so, I’ll go to mom’s house to get a set of “work clothes.” I want to repaint the baseboards in my kitchen and have the paint but keep all of my “grunge” clothes at mom’s house for the yard.

There is a B1G1 coupon in today’s paper for my haircolor. I have noticed that the good deals on it are less frequent. Walgreens no longer carries it. By my calculation with the coupon and tax it will come to about $9 for two boxes. Can’t complain but for a long time I could get it for $3/box with a sale and coupon. If not today I’ll go to CVS tomorrow.

For anyone interested, I see that the movie about Elton John, Rocketman, will be available at Redbox on Tuesday. I’ve heard it is very good.

Have a good day.
BevMoore

Post by BevMoore »

Good morning!

We are in for a heat wave the next few days with temps in the triple digits. Then down to the 90's indefinitely. No cool weather in sight according to the forecast. Of course I have a yard duty assignment on the hottest day which is tomorrow and I left my umbrella at the site I was at Friday. That means I will have to go pick it up before tomorrow's assignment. After tomorrow I have no work schedule but once the beginning of the week rolls around that could change in a heartbeat.

My back is almost healed. I think all the on the job walking is helping it along plus I am careful not to lift or move heavy objects. I caved yesterday and bought a case of wine that was on sale for a great price and just took it out of my friend's vehicle and set it on the ground. Then I pushed it along and got in a shady area by my garage. I then had someplace else to go so I tested my son and asked him to bring it in when he came home for dinner (an hour later). From there I took some bottles out and then was able to carry it to the coolest bedroom in the house.

I have an memorial service and gathering to attend and then will be home later on today. Work tomorrow morning and then I have to tackle my neglected house.

Everyone here, take care and for those with health issues take care of yourselves. It can be a long process sometimes to heal but it's so worth it.

Bev
jckitty

Post by jckitty »

Hello all,

Lazy, easy morning for me but did just get back from the ATT store, cell wouldn't text or receive texts. I am not a techie so had them fix it. I don't push buttons because it would be my luck that everything would be lost forever

We will be going to mow at dads here in just a bit...believe t or not the grass is still wet from the heavy dew. I also need to mow here at home.

It is a beautiful Fall like day, I am itching to put out Fall décor, but the kittens will try to destroy stuff so will wait a bit longer. I do need to put together my outdoor Fall wreathe.... I just love Fall.

DD made some tortellini with sauce for lunch, made enough for her work lunches also...it was pretty good but having it once is fine with me, she could eat pasta daily.

I want to work on some sorting and list making so will read and catch up before starting that.
Hope all are well,
JCKitty
Mrscreative

Post by Mrscreative »

Good afternoon everyone,

Today it is sunny and warm, more pleasant than yesterday. It is comfortable capris and t shirt weather. I didn't need to put on pants today. Jackie, I don't think we even had one day that reached 30 degrees C this year - got pretty close to about 28. So our summer has been much cooler than usual as well.

I went for a very long walk today to savour each moment of summer we have. Then helped dh in the yard. He trimmed our two Japanese yews and I cleaned up the clippings. That's a bit hard to do as all around the yews are river rocks. I also deheaded the flowers, cleaned up those never ending useless apples and watered the pots and garden. Also did two loads of laundry so more than enough to keep me out of mischief.

Have a great Sunday!
Creative