Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Want to up your frugal game? Join one of our challenges.
alliesmama4

Re: Sandi's 2019: Wow This Is A Challenge!

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:34 pm I've lost count. Which is fine because we bought furniture and while that may have been a one-time on one day purchase, I feel like I've impacted the whole month - nay, the whole QUARTER. Possibly most of the year. :?

I have spender's guilt. Always have, and I know why, when I was young a certain someone screamed at me about how the cost of child-rearing ruined their life, and since I was their only child, the obvious meaning behind that was that paying for my needs ruined their life, right. Hence, guilt, every time I buy something, regardless of the want vs. need of it. Even now, lo these 40+ years later, when it's my own $ and they know nothing about it.

Lesson: never say anything damaging to your kids, it lasts forever.

2nd lesson: call it a month and get over it already, furniture you can sit on that doesn't leave you limping is good. My lumbar is trying to fuse, 3 of the discs are all but gone. New seating FTW!
Sandi sorry you had such a horrible thing said to you as child.. you are right about saying things just not to children. You cannot take it back and some people carry the hurt forever.

Enjoy your furniture. You have earned it I am sure. If your back is that bad you should do all you can to keep it supported as well as you can for as long as you can. It is not a want but a need.
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

alliesmama4 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:37 pm Sandi sorry you had such a horrible thing said to you as child.. you are right about saying things just not to children. You cannot take it back and some people carry the hurt forever.

Enjoy your furniture. You have earned it I am sure. If your back is that bad you should do all you can to keep it supported as well as you can for as long as you can. It is not a want but a need.
C'est la vie. I've had 40 yrs+ to understand why that individual is the way they are and, frankly, believe they have exercised their response-ability poorly.

When I was around 30 (before I had kids) I figured out that I wasn't going to repeat the mistake.

As for my lumbar... it's not the furniture's fault, but it sure is aggravated by it.

It'll be a while before the new stuff shows up. 'Til then I'll just keep avoiding the living room :lol:
Dgflorida

Post by Dgflorida »

I agree with Janet. The mean things say to kids really do hurt them. Sorry you had that experience. Glad you were able to overcome it.
alliesmama4

Post by alliesmama4 »

SandiSAHM wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:39 pm C'est la vie. I've had 40 yrs+ to understand why that individual is the way they are and, frankly, believe they have exercised their response-ability poorly.

When I was around 30 (before I had kids) I figured out that I wasn't going to repeat the mistake.

As for my lumbar... it's not the furniture's fault, but it sure is aggravated by it.

It'll be a while before the new stuff shows up. 'Til then I'll just keep avoiding the living room :lol:
I too have a really bad back with degeneration of my spine due to arthritis throughout my entire spine. I did not look for style or patterns I just went from store to store and sat on the couch's and love seat's and the one that felt the bast for my back were the ones I bought. That was back in 1995 and they are still great and feel good. I should get them reupholstered but cannot afford to right now. They still have good bones. The love seat looks good but the couch I had loaned to someone and his son would sit on one side and it did get a bit dirty looking however it cleaned up well. I do have a slip cover on the couch right now. Hope your new furniture helps..
Janet Alliesmama
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I hereby promise to do better in September. I have no idea what my spend vs. no-spend days were for August. It's been pretty wild here.
SandiSAHM

Post by SandiSAHM »

I'm still trying to do better in September ;)

I'll have to start doing better all-around because.... Today I found out how much our car insurance is going to be when DD is fully licensed :shock:

I wish there was a fainting emoji.

And also I'm no longer 'feeling' the job. Respect the boss, but he makes decisions on a basis that...

Well, it's not the way I make decisions :lol: and I'm not sure how much longer I can bite my tongue. It hurts.

He's the only person I've ever known who can say "we're having the best year ever and I think it's because xyz," and in the next breath talk about changing xyz. Sometimes I have to stifle myself otherwise I get a little sarcastic. Because who changes something that's doing so much for you? It's crazy.

Alas, he's being influenced by folks who don't realize what xyz is doing for him. Frankly I'm not sure they even care. Xyz, you see, was not their idea, and it has associated costs. No where NEAR, in cost, what it brings about in growth, but some people just can't see the forest because they get stuck on that one tree they don't like... Different KIND of tree, you see, than the trees they like...

If it were my company I'd tell them to butt out. Which is why I likely need to go, LOL, before I say something unkind about them.